What is brighter than the sun and faster than the light?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MRM

by MRM

Oh man, that is awful! Really sorry for you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

NSW wheels were on it as far as i know. Basically the whole package gone. Add to that his new MTB both his Partner's bikes and his Klein... I'm guessing very targeted break in by theives for hire and the other bikes were collateral. If they knew what they were looking at they would have had a field day with spare parts.
Using Tapatalk

sychen

by sychen

That really sucks... happened to me years ago.

Will keep an eye out on my rides around Sydney...

Check the usual pawn shops in the area... send notices to bikeshops .. check international EBay /Craiglist and gumtree.

Police reports I'm assuming...

you are around the inner city?

Please post here.. http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

Datadots on your bike? http://www.nationalbikeregister.com.au/

Plenty of help can be had here if you are not already a member.

coppercook62

by coppercook62

That blows

nickcube

by nickcube

Just saw that you got it back along with a couple other bikes, congrats man! Any news on the thieves?

jdc5r

by jdc5r

apparently i might get the bike back tomorrow after the cops are done with it. i just hope it is in one piece and not completely thrashed.

no news on the thieves though ....

benzebub

by benzebub

damn, what a bummer.. good news that they recovered the bike/bikes, hope it is still in good condition.
I was wondering what the smallest amount of saddle to bar drop is that you can get on this bike.
what drop were you running on the bike?
But I could be wrong

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Wow I've been trolling this thread and really enjoying your updates...gone for a few days and you've had the bike stolen then recovered? Great news that it was recovered...fingers crossed that it's in good condition! A bike is a bike is a bike...but that said, I ride an alu Allez with 105 so I can't really relate to what it must feel like to have this bad boy up in the air.

Best of luck, however it turns out :beerchug:

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Praying your bike is in good condition

sychen

by sychen

Wow.. Police did good? Interested in how they nabbed the scum.

Hope it is all good when you pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

jdc5r

by jdc5r

the bike was ditched outside of a school and the police were made aware of it. I actually had a couple other highend bikes stolen as well, 2 of which has being recovered which is great.

everyone go lockup their bikes and give them a hug before you go to sleep tonight :(

sychen

by sychen

Probably ditched after the pawnshop wouldn't touch a bike that distinctive with a 10 foot pole. Let's hope they catch the f***ers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Seriously, a band of bike thieves with nothing more to do but nab unsuspecting people...There had been a bike theft in my neck of the woods where they broke into an apartment complex, cut through the wire fence and selectively stole some high end bikes from the bike parking area. Having that said, glad that you are, if not already, getting your bike back...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jdc5r

by jdc5r

So apparently the police told me that they apprehended one of the involved whilst he was on the bike. Pretty satisfying to hear and hopefully he gets some jail time as he is a prior known person of interest.

I picked her up and there were no damage to the frame. Just one scratch to the rear dérailleur and a little bit on the bar tape. Obviously the bike was rested against the ground.

Also lost my trusty exposure tracer so i have mounted the lupine rotlicht instead using the saddle rail mount. In trying to keep theme with the clean front end, i have thought of a couple of different ways to mount the front light. Finally settling on the below.

spartan

by spartan

happy your bike was recovered so quickly.

btw. the bulky headbadge looks tacky. a decal would have been more aero :)
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com