What is brighter than the sun and faster than the light?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm thinking the same (Boras), but my question wasn't really meant to be a poll but rather looking for @jdc5r's final decision and why. Great looking bike either way.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theblackgold

by theblackgold

Definitely zipps. Really like your build !

tids0009

by tids0009

For me, the Bora's look better, even mixing them with Shimano. They looked great on this build.

MRM

by MRM

As stated before, I think this bike needs deeper wheels to look it's best. I think the Zipp's look much better, but looks are not everything. If you like riding both the same, I'd go with the Zipp's. Otherwise go with what feels better.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Vallinotti wrote:
jdc5r wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:This is a TREK I like! Beautiful paint job. Could you post a picture of the head tube?

Pic of HT :)

My poor iphone sensor has no chance and the image is so overblown lol

From where the stack measurement is taken ? From the top of headset bearing or from the headset top cap?

Sick bike!

Top of headset top cap for sure.

GEO on website states 10cm for the 50cm H1 frame. I measured what you see in that picture (top of headset bearing) and it is only 8cm. So the cap adds another 2cm. On that premise, i believe Trek counts the spacer as part of the frame (it can't be used without it) and the stack measurements include that accordingly.
Last edited by jdc5r on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MRM

by MRM

BTW is this "Radioactive Orange" or "Firebrand"?

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Undecided on wheels so far. Simply not enough KM's to tell properly yet.

This is Radioactive orange.

I like certain aspects of what i see in both atm. If money was the sole proposition, i would choose Bora's without any doubt. The zipp's are not 2x better.

One easy to quantify factor is braking. On that front the NSW definitely brakes better if not very loudly.

The bike feel's a little more nimble with the Bora's though.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Solid build and hansome photos as well!
prendrefeu wrote:R136a1 is brighter than the Sun (our local star), and given its size and the amount of energy associated with a star that large there is a strong possibility that tachyons (particles traveling faster than the speed of light) would be somewhat related.
That said, that's a damn bright frameset, is this a Project One order?
Looking forward to how you'll be finishing it off.
Don't mess up. :evil:
No, but seriously: don't mess up. We're all watching.
No pressure.

Prendre Feu reiterates why he's one of, if not the best posters on WW! Science rules us all!
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Any updates on how this bad boy rides? I'm itching to get one myself...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jdc5r

by jdc5r

yup have being meaning to get an update in

I thought i would be fairly attuned to the "free speed" but it still surprises me every time i ride it, how fast the bike is. One thing i noticed on this bike is the di2 drivetrain took that much longer to tune. I am not sure why. Usually it takes me one setup and the di2 is perfect but on this bike i had to set it up a good 4-5 times. Maybe just me. Something to do with the chainline on the bike. It was rubbing the FD even with auto trim.

Otherwise, the bike has gotten no louder than prior. It still isn't the quietest bike and you can definitely hear the cables going through the frame set when you turn the handlebars at a standstill but nothing you notice when riding along. There isn't really any rattling when riding so it is something you notice more when you are off the bike. The brake cables have stayed as snappy and responsive as ever, as you would expect for anything with a full outer liner running throughout the frame. This is a freaking awesome choice by Trek imo.

I am slightly frustrated by the bb choices that Trek utilises though. I just wish it can take a 30mm spindle crankset. I have a set of sisl2 with stages sitting here and i would install that in a heartbeat if i can....

Not sure what i would do to the bike in the future, a groupset overhaul might be in order. Previously i was thinking etap becuase it would take away a lot of cables inside the frame (which might make it even quieter) and also lose around 150g. However, i am sure people will start complaining re my dura-ace chainset with stages matched with Etap. Dura-ace 2017 is also in contention when it comes out eventually later on.

Otherwise, there isn't much you can do to this bike. I might at one point buy a second seatpost and send to Berk to get a saddle bonded on. That would be interesting. That would offer a 0mm offset option + savings of around 100g.

I think the last thing i will say is, this bike is for someone that likes to push themselves. It thrives the faster/fitter you get and you see the worth of the bike when you are in that state. If you are off the bike for a few weeks and you hop back on, i imagine it would be pretty terrible. If you are getting leaner, getting faster, pushing yourself, you would definitely appreciate the way this bike gives back as you put more in. The bad is you have no way of hiding your strength in your bunch with this bike. If you are slow, it is you. Also expect to do more turns up the front with this bike :P

LouisN

by LouisN

I want to see this bike with Fernwegs :) .

Louis :)

jdc5r

by jdc5r

LouisN wrote:I want to see this bike with Fernwegs :) .

Louis :)

a set of fernweg clinchers came up at the same price as my NSW's too recently.

Testing tune speedneedle on the bike but might go back to my Romin pro shortly.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

this is an abrupt end to this thread.

my beloved bike was stolen yesterday night.

I know this is an international forum and i am in Sydney but if you see it popping up anywhere please PM me :(

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Nooooo, such a bummer! How'd that happen, hope insurance can cover it
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Aaaach! Which wheels were on it?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ