What is brighter than the sun and faster than the light?

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jdc5r

by jdc5r

on the vapour coat it is simple a decal i believe.

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Great news re getting the bike back with no frame damage, etc. Very happy to hear it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Some updates after almost half a year. Bike is still going great. The paint is proving very hardy although i do take care of it.

- Have had to true up the NSW 404 wheels once and maybe needing another true sometime in the near future. When doing the side to side movement scientific test the wheels definitely have play but out riding, it is harder to quantify. Something in my mind tells me that they aren't as stiff as the bora 50's laterally and sometimes i hear brake rub. Braking is still amazing although pad wear is faster than normal which is expected for any wheel with grooved braking surface.

- The bottom bracket started creaking really annoyingly after only 500kms or so and i haven't bothered to service it until now. Pulled the crank-set out. Cleaned and greased everything and it is silent now.

- Have gone through a couple of saddles and currently i am on the power saddle. I like the feel of it but do not like the look of it. Feel is more important though :)

- Currently experimenting with lower tyre pressures. I generally run 80-90 front and rear and have done so since the start of my riding out of habit but now i am experimenting with around 75-83/4 ish. Feels so supple especially for my weight.

After xmas i am looking to change my grouppo so i have been tossing up with a couple of options. Previously i decided on upgrading to the new Dura-ace DI2 with the power meters but doing calculation and some guessing it looks like that the grouppo + powermeter will work out to be significantly more than Etap with the Quarq Dzero crankset.

Currently i am swaying towards etap becuase i dont think the extra dosh is worth it but will await shimano PM pricing announcement. FD/RD and shifter pricing is already $500 more than etap.

AZR3

by AZR3

I vote etap and Quarq! I think the quarq will fit the overall look much better than the dura ace crank.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It is good trek are making desirable bikes again.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

If you go eTap, the Zipps would match :P

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Etap incoming.

Someone sold my dura-ace crankset ahead of schedule so i am almost forced to upgrade now. (i run 165mm cranks so selling them is hard)

I am interested to see how much weight i will drop by going with this setup. Anyone care to take a guess?

Dura-ace stages crankset + UI2 11spd

to

Quarq Dzero with Rotor Qarbon and Etap setup. I am expecting around 300g of weight loss. Roughly.

Clannagh

by Clannagh

jdc5r wrote:
LouisN wrote:I want to see this bike with Fernwegs :) .

Louis :)

a set of fernweg clinchers came up at the same price as my NSW's too recently.

Testing tune speedneedle on the bike but might go back to my Romin pro shortly.

You've got some great arty photos in your thread :thumbup:
I may borrow a couple of ideas if that's ok for when I photo shoot my build when/if it ever gets finished that is :beerchug:

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Clannagh wrote:
jdc5r wrote:
LouisN wrote:I want to see this bike with Fernwegs :) .

Louis :)

a set of fernweg clinchers came up at the same price as my NSW's too recently.

Testing tune speedneedle on the bike but might go back to my Romin pro shortly.

You've got some great arty photos in your thread :thumbup:
I may borrow a couple of ideas if that's ok for when I photo shoot my build when/if it ever gets finished that is :beerchug:

Sure go for it :)

willowwonka

by willowwonka

My favourite build I've seen on here so far! I know it's not an all out weight weenie but wow!
The photos really help too!
- CANYON KATUSHA TEAM ULTIMATE SLX SUMMER RIG.
- CANNONDALE CAAD10 ANNODISED WINTER SLOG.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

willowwonka wrote:My favourite build I've seen on here so far! I know it's not an all out weight weenie but wow!
The photos really help too!

Thank you for the kind words.

It certainly isn't a light bike. I weighed it the other day with bottle cages/garmin mounts at around 7.2kgs?

I think with the changes coming up though it should dip below 7 and probably on the UCI limit.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Well, it doesn't look light and to be honest, its not meant to be light... simply meant to be fast without having to be required to climb up steep hills. What a great looking bike.. looks fast just sitting there!
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Some new parts are trickling in.

Chainring certainly wasn't cheap. I am actually quite impartial to oval rings. I ran osymetric rings for a while prior and cant say i loved them or hated them.

HSC ceramic bearings are decently priced and apparently use same grade of bearings as Ceramic speed so i thought i will give it a go.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

What brand chainring is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdc5r

by jdc5r

jorisee01 wrote:What brand chainring is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotor Qarbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com