S-Works Tarmac

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

toastie

by toastie

I originally bought the frame from ebay because i was browsing late one night and saw it listed. I had always fancied trying a tarmac out, as i wasn't sure if the geometry was going to suit me i didn't want to spend a fortune so i built it up using an sram force groupset that i also bought from ebay, a cheap set of bars and tape from CRC and the rest of the bits i either had or nicked off of my foil ( like wheels etc ). Main reason for choosing sram was that i had only ridden shimano previously and fancied giving sram a go.
After a couple of rides i decided that i did indeed like the frame and the groupset so i was going to keep the bike.
With this in mind i started looking again on ebay for secondhand parts to build it up a bit lighter and settled on sram red as i had gotten to like the force groupset i had already fitted.
In its first guise with the force groupset it weighed in at 7200 so wasn't exactly a fatty by my standards but obviously no where near as good as most of the bikes here.
After swapping to sram red, changing the cables for jagwire and the bars to carbon easton ec90 slx3 the bike weighs in at 6.93kg.
I was rather hoping to get it to the 6.8kg but i haven't yet finished as i ordered a set of dura ace 9000 c24 wheels, some schwalbe pro one evo tyres and i intend to run them tubeless so I'm hoping this will lose me a few more grams plus I've ordered a shorter s-works stem (100) as the 120 fitted feels like a bit of a reach with the easton bars fitted

so i guess a couple of pictures are needed

this is with sram force fitted

then i fitted the items on the below list with the only changes being the groupset, cables, stem, bar tape, hoods and the bars everything else stayed the same

it then looked like this

so pretty much exactly the same just 270 grams lighter!

Brand:.... specialized Type:.... tarmac

Final weight:....6.93kg

Picture of the DRIVETRAIN side of the bike and a scale shot (Scale must be set to kilo's):

Spreadsheet with weights (in grams):
Frame 1093 with headset and hanger fitted
Fork 359
Headset 76
seat post clamp 22
Seatpost 205
Seat 237
Stem 182
Bar 195
Bartape 54
outer/Inner Cables brakes 108 ( as supplied but i didn't use everything in the packet )
outer/Inner Cables gear 90 ( as supplied but i didn't use everything in the packet )
Brakes front 131 rear 139 ( front is a red 22 aero rear is still force until i can find another to match the front )
Front derailleur inc chain catcher 83
Rear derailleur 147
Crankset 639 inc rings and bolts
Bottom Bracket 103
Chain 249
Shifters 257 plus hoods 45
Cassette 236
Wheels: front 626 rear 856
Rims fulcrum racing 1
Inntertubes 97 each
Tires ultrimo zx 199 each
Pedals speedplay frog 257 pair