by tonytourist

Best looking Colnago I've seen lately! 8) :podium:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Calnago wrote:Well, if that's your preferred final setup then you definitely have the right size versus the 48s. Nice build. How much saddle to bar drop is that out of curiosity?

Around 9-10cm to the tops. The reach feels about right, but it might be too low. Might switch to Deda Zero 100 38cm compacts since the drops are borderline useless at the moment.

RyanH

by RyanH

Looked really nice in person today, impressive weight considering the components. Gotta get the saddle time back in so you can contest the finish with me.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Haha, it's like mid 15lbs with the TB14s I had on. Plus the Quarq is acting up... :(

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Took some new pics! And with TB14s too.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

so how does it ride?

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Ride is actually pretty harsh, but I came from a Felt FC with a flexy post and before that I had the Waltly which was titanium. Still isn't completely crazy harsh. Position is working out for me so far. It descends SO well though. You lean it over and it instantly hits the angle you want it to. Its insane.

micropox

by micropox

Hi dudemanppl,

May i ask, how did you remove the logos on your seatpost? The logos are beneath the clear coat, am i right?

Thanks

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

dudemanppl wrote:Took some new pics! And with TB14s too.

TB14s look legit. What hubs do you have them laced to?

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Looks great!! I need to come up and ride with you and Ryan and get dropped lol. Ive been spending more time working on bikes than riding them.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

micropox wrote:May i ask, how did you remove the logos on your seatpost? The logos are beneath the clear coat, am i right?

Logos are actually on top of the clear coat. I used goof off.

glam2deaf wrote:TB14s look legit. What hubs do you have them laced to?

Record hubs! So damn smooth.

kevosinn wrote:Looks great!! I need to come up and ride with you and Ryan and get dropped lol. Ive been spending more time working on bikes than riding them.

HAHA, hell no I just got back from 6 weeks off the back after a hip surgery.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

dudemanppl wrote:Ride is actually pretty harsh, but I came from a Felt FC with a flexy post and before that I had the Waltly which was titanium. Still isn't completely crazy harsh. Position is working out for me so far. It descends SO well though. You lean it over and it instantly hits the angle you want it to. Its insane.

Sounds like a bike with character!

FastforaSlowGuy

by FastforaSlowGuy

dudemanppl wrote:Ride is actually pretty harsh, but I came from a Felt FC with a flexy post and before that I had the Waltly which was titanium. Still isn't completely crazy harsh. Position is working out for me so far. It descends SO well though. You lean it over and it instantly hits the angle you want it to. Its insane.

I just picked up an EP in 48s and was worried the trail would make for a sluggish turning bike taking hard corners at speed. I've had that issue on other Euro brands but it sounds like it's not the case here. Mine is still just a frame waiting for parts, so now I'm extra excited to build it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacobwarman

by Jacobwarman

This looks so good! As others have already mentioned, the proportions are spot on! Great work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fiery

by Fiery

FastforaSlowGuy wrote:I just picked up an EP in 48s and was worried the trail would make for a sluggish turning bike taking hard corners at speed. I've had that issue on other Euro brands but it sounds like it's not the case here. Mine is still just a frame waiting for parts, so now I'm extra excited to build it up.

In my experience, the trail influences how easy it will be to turn the handlebar, but it's all about the wheelbase and weight distribution when it comes to cornering hard and sharp. Bikes like Colnago or Merckx have much slacker head tube angles across the size range than something like Specialized or Cannondale. If you take a Colnago with the same top tube length as a Cannondale, you will end up with a noticeably longer front center (and thus longer wheelbase), which will make the bike slower to turn. This is where the folklore of downsizing on Colnagos comes from - you have to take a shorter top tube if you want to keep the wheels in the same place.