Lynskey Helix 2015

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rmerka

by rmerka

Kind of went overboard with the titanium but my goal was a shiny bike. Took it out for a maiden voyage yesterday and it was a really nice ride :) All the Campy is 2015 except for the crankset because I just don't like the look of the 4 arm cranks. Came out a bit on the heavy side at 7.7kg but I'm pretty ok with that, for now...

I have all the weights but they're on a sheet at home, will update later

Frame: 2015 Lynskey Helix ML (Stock geometry)
Saddle: Selle Italia Gel flow max (will be trading out for superflow)
Seatpost: Control Tech Ti 20mm offset
Stem: Control Tech Ti 110mm
Handlebar: Control Tech Ti 42cm
Shifters: 2015 Campy SR
FD: 2015 Campy SR
RD: 2015 Campy SR
Cassette: Campy Record 11-29
Chain: Campy Record
Crank: 2014 Campy SR with 52/36 rings
Brakes: Campy SR dual pivot front and back
Pads: Campy Red
Wheels: Bora Ultra 50 Clincher
Cable Housing: Jagwire Elite Link Brake & Shifter (silver)
Cables: Campy Brake & Shifter
Pedals: Look Keo Max Blade 2 16nm steel spindle
Tape: Arundel Gecko Grip (Black)
Fork: Enve 2.0 Road
Seatpost clamp: Control Tech Ti
Cages: King Ti
Skewers: Extralite Aliens 3
Bottom Bracket: Praxis Conversion PF30 Campy
Tires: Michelin Pro4 SC 23c
Tubes: Vittoria Latex
Headset: Cane Creek 110 IS42/52
Plug: Enve expander
FD Clamp: MCFK

Last edited by rmerka on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

I find it quite cool! Can you post close-ups of both stem and seatpost. I was wondering how their finish is...

BTW, well done that crankset-thing. I couldn't agree more! The current 4-arm style definitely isn't my thing either!
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

Thanks guys!

@Daddy yo yo, will do on the close ups. The post/stem/handle bar are Control Tech and the finish is very very close to the brushed finish on the frame.

@Juanmoretime, the internal routing was a special request I made and they did a nice job on it. The derailleur stop are threaded tubes they welded into the frame and I used some stainless barrel adjusters in them. The rear brake is through the top tube and I'm running full housing at the moment.

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

[quote="rmerka"]Kind of went overboard with the titanium but my goal was a shiny bike. Took it out for a maiden voyage yesterday and it was a really nice ride :) All the Campy is 2015 except for the crankset because I just don't like the look of the 4 arm cranks. Came out a bit on the heavy side at 7.7kg but I'm pretty ok with that, for now...

Nice One Russ, I always want to built a Titanium frame for a change...
I just can't accept that it will weight much more than a carbon bike. :D

Andreas

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

Love that Lynskey. I've been threatening to buy a new frameset for a couple years, and that is in my top 3 for a new frameset. I'd love to see a build list. you say it is full cable running thru the top tube, but they look like I-Links... How does that work without major rattle?
I'd love to see closeups of the cable stops also. awesome job!

soracabana

by soracabana

I agree with you about the crankset.

How did you attach the pump on the frame? Can you post more pictures please?

rmerka

by rmerka

@Andreas, thanks bud! I know it's not a Cervelo but I just love Ti so I'm ok with the frame weight. It's a stout bike :) Rides incredibly smooth and stable.

@jhamlin38, Thanks! I only noticed a little rattle on large bumps. I have the housing pulled fairly tight and secured on both ends with some Sugru. It looks like ass for now. I'm planning to slightly enlarge the holes and put in either Cervelo or Look cable stops which are on their way to me. That will be the final solution for the rear brake cable. I went full housing as only a temporary solution so I could ride the bike! More (LOTS!) pictures below. Also I edited the first post to include the build list.

@soracabana, It's just that standard mounting bracket with the Lezyne pump. It's strapped at the bottom of the pump. It's quite secure.

wangsanegara

by wangsanegara

@Andreas, thanks bud! I know it's not a Cervelo but I just love Ti so I'm ok with the frame weight. It's a stout bike :) Rides incredibly smooth and stable.

Hahaha, I know it's not. But lately I've been looking constantly at Baum's Site.

Very Nice detail on this one... :thumbup:

But wait...what is that? Hopefully its temporary.

A.W

rmerka

by rmerka

Yes it's definitely temporary :oops: Just some silicone to keep the full length cable from rattling too much. I'll be fitting proper cable stops when I get them and will post an after pic. I just wanted to take the bike for a ride so that is what I did.

I love my carbon bikes but I'm also very happy with something a little different. Baum are gorgeous bikes. They would be a great choice :thumbup:

yoonted

by yoonted

Nicely built!!!
I have one previous verson of Helix.(cost me a lot of trouble in wheelset/tire fitting......)
I hope new verson can fit 25c tires and wide rims.....

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

rmerka wrote:I'm planning to slightly enlarge the holes and put in either Cervelo or Look cable stops which are on their way to me.

Where did you order these cable stops? I'm looking for a set for one of my own personal projects...

Thanks!
Last edited by prendrefeu on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

rmerka

by rmerka

Hi prendrefeu, The Cervelo's I had but those can be obtained from Bike24. The Look ones which are the ones I'm going to be using I ordered from Glory Cycles. They need an 8.0 X 21.8mm oval hole. The Cervelo stop is 1 gram the Look is 2.

AZR3

by AZR3

So does twisting the down tube like that actually do anything or is it just for esthetics?

rmerka

by rmerka

It's slow going making the holes bigger. All hail the mighty dremel tool! It's working though. Here's a pic of the before hole, after hole, and with cable stop.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

Final cable stop.