My Scott Foil DI2 project (final build on page 2)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

muntos

by muntos

DI2 is up and running, I love it already :)
Also moved the Toupe saddle from my current bike, I was a little circumspect that it will not match but I think it's okay.

Like I said stem, spacers stack, saddle height/position are just temporary.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fitty4

by fitty4

nefariousintent wrote:
fitty4 wrote:I have a specialized aerobar and also wanted minimal bartape, so I started the normal way from bottom and finished in the side under the brakehood and then with rest I started on top of the bar, 1 inch from the brakehood and finished in the other side under the brakehood to give it a clean look. I put a piece of electrical tape on the end of each bar tape end under the brakehood to keep it in place.

Pics?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135943&p=1200134#p1200134

muntos

by muntos

Small update, got the Dura Ace BR9000 brakes and also changed the Ultegra levers with DA ones :).

Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1455282074277.jpg

muntos

by muntos

Simple solution for covering the hole for external battery :)

Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1456921394775.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456921412695.jpg

PSM

by PSM

Get a proper full Ritchey cockpit. :)

muntos

by muntos

PSM wrote:Get a proper full Ritchey cockpit. :)

Meaning steam and handbars ? No thanks, I'll stick with Zipp :)

muntos

by muntos

Next is the Ultegra 11-28 cassette, Continental Competition 25mm tubes and Rotor 3D24 crankset!

Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1457388068137.jpg

muntos

by muntos

And it's finally done :)!
Only one (I think :) ) to change, Keo 2 Max pedals with Keo Blade Ti, otherwise almost perfect for me...

With the last items weights:

WarygoSax

by WarygoSax

I know this is a massive thread revival and so apologies.

I'm looking to buy a 2013 Foil "Team Issue" frameset (having found one in great condition), but before I push the button want to be sure how the Di2 wires for the internal battery in this threaded from the battery to the downtube / junction box please. My LBS who would do the build are saying it isn't possible and won't take on the job. I'm looking to put Ultegra R8050 on and would want the internal battery for synchro-shifting.

Very many thanks

ross

by ross

Hi, firstly welcome to WW.

I have a 2013 Di2 foil with seatpost battery and the wire just goes down the seat tube and out of the bottom bracket, I think I poked my junction box rearwards into the left hand chainstay rather than locating it in the downtube where i felt there was more potential for rattling around. 5k miles later and no rattles so I'm happy. Protip - leave a little spare cable in the seattube so you can pull your seatpost and saddle off without having to disconnect the ewire from either end.

Here's a video showing the process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGi_UEPKHkk

Hope you enjoy the new bike, I found that it works best with compliant wheels and 25/28mm tyres, can be a bit harsh otherwise for longer rides but brilliant handling and acceleration, overall a really rewarding ride

Nice Foil muntos btw :D

muntos

by muntos

Hi all, still alive, still enjoying my Foil :)! Meantime I just bought the new 9170 Dura Ace Di2 front, rear derailleurs and 11-30 cassette, just to find the time to put them on the bike :).
Also probably I will go for a Power2Max NG ego PM who will be shortly released, yey !