Focus Izalco Team SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Hey ladies and gents, this is my Focus bike, had it a month and already debating a 2015 Supersix Hi Mod, though I would feel like I am cheating on my new GF :0

Changed wheels to Fulcrum Zeroes and took stickers off, also Thomson stem and masterpiece seatpost. Updated saddle to SLR as that's what I always use and now thinking of having frame resprayed as I hate clutter, so any resprayed ideas in the UK let me know.

Thanks ladies and gents!!!!

PS on bathroom scales haha it's coming up as 6.6kg, is not a weight weenie build but a reliability one, had a Cinelli Ram post snap on me previously so weary of ultra light and so on.

Thanks again, regards Emmet.

MoPho

by MoPho

NIce to see some creative pics :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Thanks matey. I spend most of my money on Fuji gear, aka the camera variety so it's trying to have two loves. Though the new fuji xf90 looks tasty :0

MoPho

by MoPho

I know the feeling, I make a living as a photographer. Love my x100s

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Yeah I am just an amateur, though as Game of Thrones is filmed here in NI I have got my foot in the door and trying to work my way onwards, unfortunately I can't afford the carbon wheels and so on atm :/ Will have to take a duke at your Instagram matey. Happy New Year btw...

Wull

by Wull

Looks lovely,great pics.

terrible1

by terrible1

Fantastic pictures and clean bike. Whereabouts in the world is this?

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Terrible it's the Dark Hedges in Northern Ireland, not to be sending you to my images, but if you click my images link you will see what it looks like during the day. Where I am from is mint :0 I am looking at adding etap to it and having frame resprayed, I don't think changing to a Supersix Hi mod is worth it....

v0coder

by v0coder

Great pics, but for the love of God, put your chain on the big dog.

terrible1

by terrible1

EmmetD wrote:Terrible it's the Dark Hedges in Northern Ireland, not to be sending you to my images, but if you click my images link you will see what it looks like during the day. Where I am from is mint :0 I am looking at adding etap to it and having frame resprayed, I don't think changing to a Supersix Hi mod is worth it....

Thanks Emmet. Awesome pictures!

I am currently considering having my frame stripped and repainted also. Funny, how others can think a bike to look clean that, to the owner, can seem cluttered, and how even the simplest designs incorporate a multitude of arcs and lines that can become a distraction when ridden often.

Look up 'No Quarter' painters based in UK. The thread titled 'Custom paint, bicycle detailing and my bikes!' in this same subforum is by them. Look forward to seeing its new incarnation.

EmmetD

by EmmetD

Yeah front derailleur was not connected and so never had it on correct position, to the firing squad :0

Yeah paint jobs are shite, too much clutter. I think I just want it to have one Focus decal and let the colours do the talking, either bare carbon or a purple and black combo that I seen on a Field bike. I have also have an old 93 Cannonade track frame and was thinking to have it and the Focus sprayed in the old Cannonade apple red.

Would sanding a carbon frame be a job I could do myself, i.e. I have half a brain cell for manual labour. Who are you looking at to do your frame, the ones you mentioned?

EmmetD

by EmmetD

BTW thanks for all the comments on images, wanted to show off the Focus for what it is, a well priced slaying machine of high priced carbon bikes that were made in the same factory :) That's once the actual fat shite that's on it gets back to the form he was in ten years ago!

terrible1

by terrible1

EmmetD wrote:Yeah front derailleur was not connected and so never had it on correct position, to the firing squad :0

Yeah paint jobs are shite, too much clutter. I think I just want it to have one Focus decal and let the colours do the talking, either bare carbon or a purple and black combo that I seen on a Field bike. I have also have an old 93 Cannonade track frame and was thinking to have it and the Focus sprayed in the old Cannonade apple red.

Would sanding a carbon frame be a job I could do myself, i.e. I have half a brain cell for manual labour. Who are you looking at to do your frame, the ones you mentioned?

I emailed them for a quote the other day and they came back with a nice response and suggestions of some a cool concept built upon my vision. Worth giving them an email and checking out their website at least. Mine is a 2012 Scott Addict that I am thinking would look good in orange with black outline Scott downtube decal.

I believe it takes an awful long time to sand a carbon frame and is made difficult by resin layerings that presumably differ between manufacturers. However, I see a heck of a lot of people doing it themselves so it can't be rocket science. Getting a decent paint finish, however, seems to be much more difficult. Good luck with yours.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

wow, great pictures, and very nice bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

I'm sure Enigma would be able to sort out a new paint job for you.