2015 Evo Hi Mod - Enve / Superlogic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

njyeti

by njyeti

Hey all, I've really enjoyed this forum since discovering it and now have a growing fascination with light weight bikes. I used to be a bit of a Luddite with a love for steel but am now seeing the light (har har).

I recently purchased a 2015 Evo Hi Mod and have done a few upgrades to it. I was coming from an older SuperSix- this has been a huge upgrade in ride quality and climbing.

Total weight as shown is 6.9 kg (including Garmin mount, pedals, etc.)

Wheels: Enve Classic 25 w/ DT Swiss 240 hubs
Stem: Ritchey Superlogic Carbon C260
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow
Handlebars: Ritchey Superlogic Evocurve
Seatpost: Ritchey Superlogic Carbon Link Flexlogic
Powermeter: Quarq Riken R
Pedals: Xpresso 15
Remaining drivetrain/brakes: Dura Ace 9000
Tires: Schwalbe One (tubeless)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Nice bike, deserves better photos. :)

6.9 strikes me as a too high for what you have there. Maybe the PM is the culprit? Everything else should be off-the-shelf light.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Gotta be the PM. Nice standard build, I like it. Only point I have is the finishing tape....shouldn't touch the bar, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njyeti

by njyeti

Thanks guys. The Quarq (w/o chainrings) is 659g. I'm guessing the tubeless setup is also contributing to the heavier weight?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Yeah that seems oddly heavy. I have the same bike at 5991g. You have a lot of nice light parts on there, so that PM has to be the reason.

coart

by coart

The wheels and frames are nicely matched!! Great!!

njyeti

by njyeti

Any specific ideas on how to drop 1+ lb on this? I need to train with a powermeter- but would be open to another one- or any other ideas...

Thanks all- looking forward to your feedback!

Pottsy

by Pottsy

I would ditch the Schwalbe tubeless tires & get some Vittoria Corsa's on there.
Tan sidewalls are "So hot right now"

siklis

by siklis

6.9kg is not bad considering that is already wet weight (just minus the water). coz that also includes the power meter as well
Bianchi Infinito CV + campag SR + F6R DT240s 6.66kg
Bianchi Methanol SX 29er + XX1 + ztr crest + hope pro2 9.30kg
Giant TCR Advanced 3 + ultegra 10s + campy shamal ultra 7.40 kg

siklis

by siklis

anyway, seriously a killer bike. :up:

was tempted to buy a hi-mod super6 at the end of last year when i visited germany, but then the limited warranty (by location) inhibit it :(
Bianchi Infinito CV + campag SR + F6R DT240s 6.66kg
Bianchi Methanol SX 29er + XX1 + ztr crest + hope pro2 9.30kg
Giant TCR Advanced 3 + ultegra 10s + campy shamal ultra 7.40 kg

NTMAD8R22

by NTMAD8R22

Nice bike and great weight. Bike deserves better pictures though :beerchug:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

from what I can see, there are a couple things that would help weight wise...

-planet X brake calipers or something similar. Yours should weigh in around 296g for the set. My planet X calipers come in at 198g for the set. I haven't had any issue with mine.

-Lizardskin 1.8 race tape. Mine came in at 38g for both sides and bar plugs. comfortable, grippy and durable. Dont know what yours comes in at, but I would imagine its more than the lizardskin.

-Bottle cages. I got a pair on ebay from china for $20 shipped. UD matte finish carbon and weigh in at 19g each. Have been great and had no issues.

-Garmin bar mount. I think yours is a K edge? if so, it should weigh in around 30g. I have a fliploc from design cycles. not sure if you can find one anymore or if they are in business still. mine weighs 12g with bolt.

-Skewers-Cant tell which ones you have so this may not be of use. KCNC Ti skewers come in at 42g.

-Stem- the superlogic c260 is a little bulky (Personally, i have never cared for its looks because of its size). the 110mm comes in at 125g. the NON carbon black gloss alum. c260 stem comes in at 97g. mine is a 90mm and comes in at 93g.

All of these items I'm suggesting are not necessary by any means, but would help drop your overall weight if thats what you were looking for. most of them are smaller items that you can purchase over a couple weeks or months without feeling like it is blowing a paycheck.
Last edited by Bianchi10 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ophiravina

by ophiravina

I would suggest replacing the quarq power meter with an sisl2 crankset and stages power meter, it would drop a lot of weight and the bike will look a lot better. stages power meters are awesome :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

njyeti

by njyeti

Hey Bianchi10- thanks for the detailed recommendations! I'll have to start chipping away at this list.

Ophiravina- I was actually already toying with that thought. The bummer is that Stages no longer sells sisl2- only the sisl. Still- should be much lighter than the Quarq.

Thanks again guys.