CERVELO P2C SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I purchased an older P2C over a year ago when I was having some back issues to build it up while not riding. I decided that did not like the old grey and blue paint. I have been slowly acquiring parts over the last year to keep the cost as low as possible and also trying to get the most aero parts as possible. AERO AND LIGHT IS RIGHT!

At first I had it built to ride the trainer after getting most of the parts. I also tuned every component with ti or aluminium bolts.

Then I decided to do this to the paint.

Now it currently looks like this.

I decided to pick up a new TriRig Omega X brake or two during their black Friday sale but I still think that I will run my EE brakes on the back of this bike and the SLC just for some added insurance and because they are lighter and semi aero.

I cut the backend of the post to match the front profile as I personally believe that it looks cleaner BUT I would like to have maybe BERK take shot a making something with a single hole and lighter.

Future changes will be a new DASH saddle that I bought on their latest deal which I was able to get in for 2 saddles at $135 each. Also I am trying to wait patiently for TriRig to release their Sigma X stem which will save some added weigh and be more aero.

Currently this build sits at 6420g with everything in the last picture plus the new TriRig Omega X installed. All that is left is the chain and cabling.

OH I also forgot to mention which I think you can clearly see in the last picture that I am going to run this as a 1 x 10 for now and 1 X 11 in the future once SRAM releases their wireless group. Less wires is more aero.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

stormur

by stormur

SRAM eTap won't work 1x11 - FD is "must have"...
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

What cassette are you going to use? 11/21 or 23?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

stormur wrote:SRAM eTap won't work 1x11 - FD is "must have"...

You "must have" not bothered to check your facts...
https://sramroadsupport.zendesk.com/hc/ ... till-work-

New paint job looks amazing.
Using Tapatalk

BmanX

by BmanX

I will be running 1 X 11 eTap for sure when it comes out as it can and will be done. For one I will be running an 11/28 which will be fine with the new eTap so there is no issues. For the races I am doing, I will most likely be able to run an 11/23 but as mentioned have the option to run up to 11/28 so I will always be fine.

Right now the anchors on the build are the saddle and stem but they will be lightened soon and I hope to keep this build below 15lbs.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

mimason

by mimason

I like what you did with the paint.

Here's some more P2 love. My old race horse.

BmanX

by BmanX

The goal will be sub 6800 and as aero as possible.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

mimason

by mimason

deleted...I answered my own question.

BmanX

by BmanX

The bike is almost finished. Ready to take out on its first ride BUT still needs a few items reviewed. I have some Ti parts arriving for the pedals and I am still waiting for the TriRig Sigma X to be available. I will then cut steerer to exact size. Everything on the build has been tuned.

6700g / 14.75 lbs as shown in the picture and it should be closer to 6600g when completed with the additional changes. Also not shown is the Catalyst carbon disc cover that comes in at 160g total weight so the goal in race trim will be under 6800g with cover installed.

Frame has been modified for behind the stem entry for the shifters but only running 1 now and repainted.
Extension mounts have been modified to give an 8 degree tilt.
Stem has all ti bolts.
Brakes have all ti bolts
Custom 1 off spiderless chainring which I will test to see how it works out. I do live with a fair number of hills in the area so I went a little smaller but have to ride a few triathlon course I will race this year to see if I can maybe go bigger.
Dash saddle mounted to customized Cervelo post.
Pedals will soon have new Ti bolts, Ti plates and Ti spindles.
Skewers have been modified to be bolt on and weigh 34g.
Ilink brake and mini shifter housing and cable.
Custom FD shifter delete to allow the same feel but without the shifter installed.
I will do the test ride with my FLO 30s so this is why it has standard brake pads installed for the picture. Once the test ride is completed, it will get the Yellow Swiss Stop pads put back on. I should change them out for something better.
Every bolt on the bike is either black ti or black aluminum.

BIG DADDY B FLOW

nd2rc

by nd2rc

that's ultra rad!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Wow, great ride. Why did you paint the bike in a flat black. was the CF that hideous?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

BmanX

by BmanX

It was a ton of work and it did not look great under the paint. We have a great painter locally so we decided on a satin black finish with gloss decals
BIG DADDY B FLOW

KarlC

by KarlC

Great job !!!
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

godzuki26

by godzuki26

That is awesome! The front end is very clean and narrow. How is the Alpha Classic bar? Does it feel solid and stiff? Are the arm rests comfortable for extended periods of use?
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tlmsal

by tlmsal

Super nice build. Love the look of it.