Canyon ultimate al slx

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

koene

by koene

Hi all,

Here's my critbike weighing in at 8kg:
Everything standard except for fullcrum 5 wheels (vittoria open corsa) and elite bottle cages.

Planned upgrade for this winter:
-Power2max

Planned upgrades for next summer:
-Continental Grand Prix 4000S II
-Carbon clinchers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

good looking ride, but the gp4000s are considered downgrades in my eyes.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

koene

by koene

Frankie - B wrote:good looking ride, but the gp4000s are considered downgrades in my eyes.

Indeed it's debatable. They probably weigh less but rolling resistance should be +- the same (I remember seeing a website where this was tested but can't remember the name). Also I think gp4000's are going to have a better grip in wet weather because they have a bit more profile.
The vittoria's also wear very fast, I only rode 5-6k km's and could throw them away.

michel2

by michel2

your doing well getting 5-6000 km out of vitoria's i bin them a lot earlier my last pair has been holding up better then the ones before but i get tinny cuts in them and they fill up road grim.
really nice looking bike, im alitle suprised by the 8 kilo's i expected this bike to come in a bit lighter

Roel W

by Roel W

The Vittoria's will definitely give you more grip on wet roads compared to the GP4000.

Is this bike a 2016 model because I can't find the green paint scheme on the Canyon website anymore.
Nice bike. I also own an Ultimate AL and although this bike has already almost 6 years, it still rides as good as my Ultimate CF.
Only disadvantage is that I can't go with 25mm tires because they rub my rear brake. Frame clearance is perfect so I'm looking for brakes with more clearance.

koene

by koene

Roel W wrote:The Vittoria's will definitely give you more grip on wet roads compared to the GP4000.

Is this bike a 2016 model because I can't find the green paint scheme on the Canyon website anymore.
Nice bike. I also own an Ultimate AL and although this bike has already almost 6 years, it still rides as good as my Ultimate CF.
Only disadvantage is that I can't go with 25mm tires because they rub my rear brake. Frame clearance is perfect so I'm looking for brakes with more clearance.

I bought this one in the beginning of this year, so I guess that makes it an end 2014 begin 2015 model

Ivanhoo

by Ivanhoo

@koene

Nice Canyon. What's the size of the bike (I think L?) What is the distance from center bottom bracket to top of saddle and whats your inner seam and total length. Looks like the seat post is a lot out. Decided to go for an XL with BB-top saddle 84 cm. 91cm inner seam and total 195cm.

Thanks in advance.

jimborello

by jimborello

Hey cool bike. Does anyone now when they will be offering this as a frameset only?? I would love to own a canyon but the waiting times are annoying.

koene

by koene

Ivanhoo wrote:@koene

Nice Canyon. What's the size of the bike (I think L?) What is the distance from center bottom bracket to top of saddle and whats your inner seam and total length. Looks like the seat post is a lot out. Decided to go for an XL with BB-top saddle 84 cm. 91cm inner seam and total 195cm.

Thanks in advance.

Indeed this is size L. I'm 1m85 with 90cm inner seam and 83cm saddle height. FYI, I measured the dotted line on this picture: http://www.bicycling.com/sites/default/ ... sition.jpg

Ivanhoo

by Ivanhoo

Thanks! With those measurements you're right with an size L :)!
Big drop from saddle to handlebar, can your back handle that?

I was in doubt to go for an L or XL but am happy for now with an XL.
Haha. I measured also that way - the dotted line.

koene

by koene

Ivanhoo wrote:Thanks! With those measurements you're right with an size L :)!
Big drop from saddle to handlebar, can your back handle that?

I was in doubt to go for an L or XL but am happy for now with an XL.
Haha. I measured also that way - the dotted line.

Yes np, to me it's comfortable

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com