Cannondale Supersix Hill Climb project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

briantumma

by briantumma

I'm about 9 hours into sanding a frame, not excited for the rest so fair play for getting it done. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

david74

by david74

amazing bike :thumbup:

amey

by amey

You will save decent amount of weight by switching to 6800 FD, RD, cassette and shifters. Even more if you go with a close range cassette like 12-25. These pedals have good ££:grams ratio: http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;p ... 0,4,136,33

On the other hand, I acquired a frame in similar size to make into a hill climb project for 2016 season but have abandoned since. Let me know if you are keen. Guru Photon HL; Its mad light .. about a kilo for frameset :o

JLS

by JLS

This resource will help you getting some good gains.
http://cyclinguphill.com/marginal-gains ... limb-bike/

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Not my bike, but check out how low this guy went using the same frame. Pretty amazing. I did a similar project with a modified Scott Addict Frame but could not get below 7 lbs.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=132336&p=1185020&hilit=scott+addict+single+speed#p1185020

More information on the Cannondale here:

http://hilljunkie.blogspot.com/2013/08/ ... ngton.html
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

CamW

by CamW

OP's bike is not an EVO.

andrewfelix

by andrewfelix

That's an evo. Lighter frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BmanX

by BmanX

I have been wanting to build up a 1 X 10 build and with the cranks I have, I have the option to pull the spider and put on a spiderless chainring that is 32t which would be great matched with an 11/23 rear light weight cassette for climbing.

Now all I want to do is build it up for daily riding but with some of the suggesting that I am thinking about. Front only brake with a rear TT shifter on some light weight bull horns. I think I will build this on paper and see how it comes out.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

garethgareth

by garethgareth

I've finished work on the frame and forks now. I used a 2K gloss clearcoat spray after prepping the frame. I chose to go with gloss just for the ease of maintenance. If I were to do it again, I might choose a matte coat or go with another method.

The gloss has darkened the carbon a lot and the reflections hide quite a lot of the carbon detail. Sometimes it looks like just a black-painted bike. I'm a little bit disappointed with this but will ride it like it is for this year. Sometimes I love it, other times I wish it were still the matte charcoal grey as before. There's some orange-peeling in some of the areas which I'll look at reducing.

The good news is that the clearcoat only added 15g to the weight of the frame. It's on pretty thick and I used the whole can. It will also give the protection needed as I'll be riding this a lot in bad pretty bad conditions.

I threw some wheels on it for the photos but lots of new parts to come. Next up, sorting the cables.

New decals and clearcoat:
Deep gloss on the forks:
Weave visible through the crank arms:

tomvin90

by tomvin90

that looks great, really like the finish. looking forward to seeing how the build turns out.

briantumma

by briantumma

Have you bonded the seatpost in too? Difficult? Any ideas on the weight savings for this too? Looking rad

RyanH

by RyanH

I think the clear came out great. What brand and type did you use?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Crazy build... I'd never do it, but I'm subscribing so I can get updates and follow along. Awesome!

garethgareth

by garethgareth

Hi. Sorry for the delayed reply

Briantumma - No, I haven't bonded the seatpost in. I just slid the post in for the photo. Nice idea but I'm hoping to run a Berk combo in the future so I'm happy to have a bit of flexibility in that department.

RyanH - I used Spraymax 2K gloss clearcoat.

On the build front, I've just sold all my mountain bikes so I could commit to the build and shed more weight. Decided to go down the SRAM route and there's a mix of Red and Force components on the way to me. This should put the build at a shade under 6kg for the first race of the season in June. I'll get some pics up of these soon.

I've also ordered a sub 1kg wheelset to run some lightweight tubs. That should bring things down to about 5.2kg soon.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Looks great!! At first glance I thought the seatpost was bonded in place too. Looking forward to more progress on this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com