Berk Composite Custom ISP-Disc 2016

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

46and2

by 46and2

anquetil wrote:Sorry, but it looks like cheap china frame.

Also this high head tube is not in proportion of hole bike(long ISP),weight :shock: .
Only Clavicula looks good.

anquetil, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. But please don't be sorry, cause I am certainly not.

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

Did Berk make the fork as well?

Overall a very handsome bike. I'm working on building up a lightweight 1X disc road setup as well and there really aren't that many good options for lightweight disc setups out there. How are you liking the Shimano group so far?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

46and2

by 46and2

The fork is from Deda, Berk re-wrap the fork with 3k-twill to match the frame. The shimano road hydraulic disc setup is great. The only draw back is the weight. I'm sure there are hacks out there to make it lighter. But I already own a 11lbs bike (cannondale evo), so my focus on this bike is not too much on weight but more on form, functions and beauty. And at 14.9 lbs, It doesnt effect me at all. Bike climbs better than my 11 lbs, because the form fits me very well.

My evo looks aggressive with slammed stem and geometry of pro racer, I am comfortable to ride it century miles. But having custom geometry that is properly made for you, showed me what has been missing with my ride all these years.

I hope I explained it well enough- No of the shelves will out compete a custom made frame. You know how you ride, let the bike work for you, not the other way around.

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

I can completely understand not building something up to be super lightweight and putting function ahead of weight for a change. Been doing that with my MTB lately.

But, since this is WW and I didn't see the number anywhere, what's the frame weight for this Berk?

46and2

by 46and2

Frame weight with drop out and uncut isp is 1.01kg

Reamens

by Reamens

Ultegra...???
The project is impressive. I hope so Ultegra will be changed to SRAM eTap!

After the change, the project will be completed !!!

Jengaback

by Jengaback

Reamens wrote:Ultegra...???

Would be nice... but there's no disc brake version of eTap :L

But a very very nice build. I love frames where you can see the layup of the carbon

46and2

by 46and2

Campy EPS Super Record would be the perfect match for this frame, only if campy believe in disc brake.

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

46and2 wrote:Campy EPS Super Record would be the perfect match for this frame, only if campy believe in disc brake.

you have only to wait some months
http://eliflap.it/

cerro

by cerro

46and2 wrote:
hoggy wrote:46and2, can we get a photo of the how the front brake line runs through the forks please. awesome bike by the way :mrgreen:

steel bolts? Change those for Titanium please, the bike is worth it and it saves a lot of weight. Really nice except that, but a bit sad that my discbraked roadbike is 300g lighter.

romalor

by romalor

@cerro :- your bike is single chainring, it's your choice not everyone want or can ride single chainring due to the shape or the region where you ride ...
:- you also used tubular wheels, that are lighter but won't be faster because tyres have lower rolling resistance and are more aéro at the junction between rim and tyres than tubs rims.
:- he's also using ultegra di2 that's nearly as heavy as 105, so fun to ride but heavier than a force cx1

put the same components on your bike to compare both bikes, weight matters but is not everything even on this forum, and rolling resistance matters too

agree with you for titanium bolts !

46and2

by 46and2

Steel is real... J/k. Ti bolts for sure.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Jengaback wrote:
Reamens wrote:Ultegra...???

Would be nice... but there's no disc brake version of eTap :L

Hydraulic Sram e-tap is rumoured to be coming next! Meanwhile, this build is impressive enough. I love the naked carbon weave too.

CBJ

by CBJ

romalor wrote:@cerro :- your bike is single chainring, it's your choice not everyone want or can ride single chainring due to the shape or the region where you ride ...
:- you also used tubular wheels, that are lighter but won't be faster because tyres have lower rolling resistance and are more aéro at the junction between rim and tyres than tubs rims.
:- he's also using ultegra di2 that's nearly as heavy as 105, so fun to ride but heavier than a force cx1

put the same components on your bike to compare both bikes, weight matters but is not everything even on this forum, and rolling resistance matters too

agree with you for titanium bolts !

Good points and 6.8kg is still very nice if you look at the build.

cdtf

by cdtf

People keep saying "Why Ultegra only? You can do better!"
Now, you have to understand this bike uses di2 AND discs. As such, the choice of components is fairly limited.

-Levers? R785 levers are the only ones available. Can't save weight here.
-Disc calipers? OP could get some XTR calipers. But it would look like shit. Different color, and banjo on the wrong side.
-Cables? It's Di2, cant save weight here, the wires are the same for everybody.
-Rear dérailleur? As OP said, with a DA RD, you can't use a 32T cog. So nope.
-Front dérailleur? Yea why not. 114 vs 138g. Huge savings here :o
-Crank? The dude already has the best weight weenie model on the market.

So. You could only swap FD and brakes calipers. Savings would be around 70g. It would be expensive, and not as pleasing from an aesthetic viewpoint.

46and2 really cannot get this bike lighter. And he doesn't have to, as the bike is already *f##k* DOPE!

Great work Jure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com