This will be a special ride for sure

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Very nice Berk. Question, what kind of accommodations, if any, did you make for chainline issues with the wider spacing of the dropouts in the rear (I presume it is 135mm). Or are the chain stays long enough to make it ok? Shimano specs a minimum chainstay length for disc brakes, which many current road bikes fall short of. Cervelo is doing something different with their BB and/or cranks to accommodate them. And Specialized is also making offsets I believe in their wheels. Disc brakes change everything it seems and now with the preciseness of 11speeds etc the chainline is even more important to get right for perfect shifting and no rubbing up front.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Berk's stuff just keeps getting better and better!!! Can't wait to see the build.
Speedplay is the devil!

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Beautiful looking frame!! Very excited to see the build!!

thebuny

by thebuny

Amazing work!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thnaks to all for the compliments, really appreciate that!

@maggierose, sent an email, hope you recieved it

@Calnago, yes it's 135mm, in general it's pretty much the same as most other frames, it's a custom geometry and it was made by the specifications of our customer.

Unfortunately we won't see the brown frame. We made a stupid mistake on the upper headtube bearing, obviously something went wrong (the bearing groove wasn't bonded properly or something came in between the groove http://shrani.si/f/3l/XO/1SnnBWCn/headtube.jpg), really don't know how that's possible and really sorry 46and2 for that, our mistake. It's possible to fix that without any problem, but will be refunded, sorry once again for this mistake. I'll take responsibility for it. It's even more depressing because you had to wait for so long (those two frames were replacements for a broken package that was damaged during the shipping) and now that mistake after months of waiting, so sorry once again in the name of our complete team! It's probably hard to imagine how I feel but really apologize from all my heart. Thank you for your understanding!

hoggy

by hoggy

Hi Jure, is the front brake line being run internally in the fork?

Dynamo00

by Dynamo00

Very nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Miller

by Miller

Calnago wrote:Question, what kind of accommodations, if any, did you make for chainline issues with the wider spacing of the dropouts in the rear (I presume it is 135mm). Or are the chain stays long enough to make it ok?

I wonder if this is more a theoretical than actual concern. I've been running an 11sp bike with discs for the last couple of years and this simply has not impinged on my consciousness as an issue. Granted, the bike is based on the AC024 CX frame so the chainstays are a bit longer than a pure road bike but the rear width is 135mm.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Nice -- what front derailleur clamp will you be using? Parlee?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

hoggy wrote:Hi Jure, is the front brake line being run internally in the fork?

Yes, we use Dedacciai RAN disc forks

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Nice work; subscribed to see the final product.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

LionelB

by LionelB

Wow, nice.

46and2

by 46and2

Imagel

46and2

by 46and2