2013 Cannondale Supersix Evo Red

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

Found this Cannondale Supersix Evo Red used, too good of a deal to pass up.
Received the bike completely stock, which weighs in around 15.63lbs or 7.09kg.
So far I've added/changed the following:

- Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S swapped for my 56mm carbon tubulars
- SRAM PG-1070 12-26T changed to SRAM XG-1090 11-26T
- LOOK Keo Max 2 Carbon added
- Arundel Mandible Oil Slick Cages x 2 added
- Saddle swapped to Fizik Aliante R7 (not light, testing the shape)

* Haven't dialed in the fit yet, front end will likely get a bit lower

If you've seen any of my other previous bikes, you'll know I like to keep them lean, but without anything super exotic.
That being said, I want to change some parts and hopefully improve the weight and aesthetics.

Current parts:

- Cannondale C1 100mm Stem
- Cannondale C2 44cm Compact Bar
- Cannondale C1 Seatpost
- SRAM S951 Carbon Crankset X Glide Rings BB30

Cranks will likely change to SRAM Red Exogram BB30 Compact, slim possibility it will be an SISL2 with Spiderrings if I can find a good deal.

For the cockpit, I'm open to ideas.

- Deda Superleggero stem and seatpost, Zero 100 bars
- 3T Team
- Ritchey WCS C260
- Fizik Cyrano Bull bars
- Zipp Service Course SL

Comments/opinions appreciated

tk2306

by tk2306

Nice find! I personally like the Zipp stuff for the cockpit but all your choices would suit it well, just worth thinking about is that the cannondale stem is already very light so if it is the right length it might be keeping it but taking the logos of with some acetone, just a thought :noidea: . Looking forward to seeing this!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Awesome!!! Go for SiSl cranks with Spidering for definite. I was going to go for Fizik bars, stem and post on my Supersix when finances allow.

tk2306 wrote:Nice find! I personally like the Zipp stuff for the cockpit but all your choices would suit it well, just worth thinking about is that the cannondale stem is already very light so if it is the right length it might be keeping it but taking the logos of with some acetone, just a thought :noidea: . Looking forward to seeing this!

I haven't weighed it but wasn't aware that the Cannondale stem was light?! That's a bonus, might keep mine fitted after all and just fit titanium bolts and strip the logos from it. Although I think mine is the C2 if I remember correctly so I'm sure it's heavier anyway.

superdx

by superdx

The C1 components from Cannondale are light, but they ride extremely harsh. If you don't notice it then keep them! I couldn't live with them though, swapped out for carbon Fizik/3T parts and the ride totally changed into a smoother one.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Very nice. Did you get a chance to weight the frame before assembly?

defride

by defride

Nice acquisition, my recent purchase is very similar and you may have seen it listed here.

It's come with Zipp SL bar and stem and I've been running 3T Team on my other bike. I've since put Easton alloy parts back on the other bike for winter and the difference in comfort is noticeable, harsher ride on the alloy parts and approx 250g heavier than the 3T.

My SS comes in at about 6.3kg ready to ride and with a change of pedal and saddle expect it'll get down to around 6.15. It's stiffer than the winter bike and puts down power much better. I was expecting to need to change the 53/39 to at least 52/36 having come from compact. So far the lighter weight and in particular better power transfer has meant the bigger gears haven't been an issue even on the steepest local hills. Might have expected that extra stiffness to compromise the comfort/ride but not a bit of it, it fairly floats over small bumps and bigger hits are handled without drama. If you're noticing some harshness it may be worth a switch to carbon.

Enjoy yours, roll on next summer!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Nice color scheme on your new Cannondale. Looks real sharp with the red-highlighted SRAM Red components. Congrats on a sweet bike!

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

Very handsome bike!

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Your bike is very nice!

My EVO is similar to yours;
'13 Team Colors (SRAM Red).
I swapped out the crank for an Exogram in 110bcd with 52/36 Praxis rings.

C1 (110mm) Stem and (44cm) Bar; Easton EC90 Seatpost. I didn't want to go carbon cockpit as I am 6'6" on a 63cm frame (I weigh about 95kg).

Reynolds Assault 46mm Clinchers.

Trying to go the non-exotic route as funds pop up. Good luck in your build!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com