Cannondale Super Six Evo Hi Mod

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

defride

by defride

Sorry about the poor quality phone pic

Just a quick update.

Stem changed to 3T ARX 100mm (-16g)
Pedals to Time Expresso 12 with black rather than red friction plates (-57g)

New weight 6231g

New saddle in the New Year, thinking about trying a Berk which might take it down as much as 130g - touching distance to sub 6

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jet520

by jet520

Very nice bike! Stem & Pedals looks lots better!

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送
Last edited by jet520 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Stem is MUCH better

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Really nice bike but what kind of handle bar do you have? SL88?

Sent from my type writer

defride

by defride

Cheers guys, the new stem does work better cosmetically, the extra 10mm not so noticeable out riding and if anything the fit is closer to my old (now winter) bike. It worked out a little lighter, the Fairwheel test suggests it's also stiffer so all good. It's an ARX Team so came with the red stripe, rode it a couple of times before getting the acetone out.

JasperGr, the handlebar is a Zipp SL (carbon).

The Expresso 6 pedals came in slightly under claimed weight on my scale, 217g the 12's 160g, I think that's very slightly over though I changed the stock red friction plates to black ones which may have made a difference, didn't check them. I think I've a slight preference for the white so perhaps should have gone for the 15's but they're a good deal more expensive for very little gain. The black is already growing on me.

Just a new saddle and perhaps some light mid-section tubs next year for race days and job done. Thinking probably Reynolds 46 or maybe even RZR, what do you think?

defride

by defride

Opportunity...

The weather hasn't been great so haven't ridden the Cannondale much, half a dozen dry rides. Really like it though, so much so when the opportunity arose I dived in for this

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Love the "Black"
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Galatzo

by Galatzo

I"m loving the bar shape too.
Can you be a bit more specific re the model ?
Thanks

defride

by defride

Galatzo wrote:I"m loving the bar shape too.
Can you be a bit more specific re the model ?
Thanks

The bar came with the bike so not entirely sure, there's a decal that says SL T13 but a Google search doesn't bring up a definitive answer as to which version it is.

When I rebuild onto the new frame I'll change the bartape, expect there should be more information on the model under the tape somewhere and will let you know.

Called the LBS Cannondale dealer this morning, was tempted to let them install the BB so there's some comeback if creaking were to become an issue. Asked them how they'd prep the BB, 'we'll just press it in', also they don't have the tool for attaching the Spiderrings but were willing to order it.

I'll have all the tools shortly and am comfortable doing the work, not so sure I should let the LBS at it?

There's a fair bit of carbon dust in the BB shell, what are people using to clean this, just a wipe with a clean rag or something more aggressive like Acetone?

Also debating whether to use Loctite or go naked?

Any advice would be good.