Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yamacrab

by yamacrab

jekyll man wrote:Nice bike, but wouldnt clamp the top tube like that :-/

It's fairly light pressure, think it's better clamped to the seat tube? I dont want to hurt my baby!

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

clamp on the seatpost. If something goes wrong it can be replaced.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Martin.dk wrote:clamp on the seatpost. If something goes wrong it can be replaced.

/Martin

Dude, you signature :unbelievable: :oops: :oops: :lol:

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Nice TCR, I'm not a fan of massive sloping but it's a clean look. I'm surprised it's above 7 kilos though

Wheels are Giants?

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Nice bike! This is the exact model that I'm thinking I'll end up getting. Any ride impressions yet?

I saw that you posted this over in the Giant thread. I'm 5'9'' and current center-saddle to center-BB on my 54cm Specialized Allez is just over 73cm. There's a Giant dealer near my work and they're suggesting I go with a size small.

Also saw the great review of the Advanced Pro 0 in the newest issue of Peloton:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/news/article/peloton.praises.lighter.stiffer.tcr.advanced.pro/18917/

Looking forward to some more pictures!

yamacrab

by yamacrab

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Nice TCR, I'm not a fan of massive sloping but it's a clean look. I'm surprised it's above 7 kilos though

Wheels are Giants?

Yes sir, wheels are factory 30mm SLR1 carbons super light weight ~1435g. The Pro 0 model gets the SLR0 carbon wheels, same 30mm but weights around ~1350g due to lighter spokes and better hub (same rim on both models).

Massive sloping? It probably just looks like that because it's tilted and I have a massive saddle to bar drop...lol
Last edited by yamacrab on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yamacrab

by yamacrab

lrdunc wrote:Nice bike! This is the exact model that I'm thinking I'll end up getting. Any ride impressions yet?

I saw that you posted this over in the Giant thread. I'm 5'9'' and current center-saddle to center-BB on my 54cm Specialized Allez is just over 73cm. There's a Giant dealer near my work and they're suggesting I go with a size small.

Also saw the great review of the Advanced Pro 0 in the newest issue of Peloton:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/news/article/peloton.praises.lighter.stiffer.tcr.advanced.pro/18917/

Looking forward to some more pictures!

Thanks! I have not ridden it yet but will be taking it out tonight if the weather holds. Honestly, you could probably go with either a small or medium. With a small you'd probably need a longer stem depending on your reach, but my guess is that either one would work for ya. On another note if you do get the small you'll be saving some grams too :)

mimason

by mimason

OP, did you weigh it with the computer and mount? Also, Samuel he's running Ultegra and his is a ML which is 57cm frame.

Looks good, we have 4 or 5 of the same color scheme locally on my rides. It matches their team kits well.

yamacrab

by yamacrab

mimason wrote:OP, did you weigh it with the computer and mount? Also, Samuel he's running Ultegra and his is a ML which is 57cm frame.

Looks good, we have 4 or 5 of the same color scheme locally on my rides. It matches their team kits well.

Thanks! Negative, the mount/garmin 510 was not included in the 7.06 weight. Add 105g to the total weight for these two.

michel2

by michel2

Really nice looking rig, i dig the colour alot !
Just to get back to clamping that top tube, even ifvthe clamping force is low. Say youre un foing pedals , or bottom bracket you still put a lot of force on that thin walled area. Mybtrek superfly's top tube is so thin a 5 year can squeezes those tubes together. I dont know if you remember the old aluminium klein bikes? Each of there frames used to come with a warning sticker sayning dont clamp the frame.
Sorry if i harped on about this but it would be a shame getting tbe beauty hurt !ill be quite now,Enjoy the ride !

Wull

by Wull

Nice :thumbup:

I've just went and bought a different stand as i was too paranoid to clamp the frame.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

i like the 2016 giant tcr advanced pro models!
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KTCY

by KTCY

Very nice TCR advanced pro.
That's the stock giant SLR 1 wheel ?