2016 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD 5.63kg/12.42lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

DCnoJ wrote:"Replica" was referring to the official name for the frame's color as it is a replica of Cannondale/Garmin's team bike. But I suppose one could still believe that the replication and/or frame quality is low.

Sorry, my mistake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Krull wrote:
DCnoJ wrote:The OEM FSA K-Force components are light as well. The weight should be nominal. I'll put them on the scale as well.

hmm, enve-parts are imho not really light, right? especially considering the price!

looking forward to the finished build, very promising choice of parts!

Agreed. At the same time, they're one of the lightest and have recorded some of the highest stiffness-to-weight ratios amongst the more common "off the shelf" brands (Fairwheel Stem Review and Handlebar Review). Much of the lighter brands weren't an option anyways as they don't have 25.4mm seatposts nor 130mm-sized stems.
Nejmann wrote:I'm so looking forward to follow this. Love that bike, saw it at a bikeshop last week and i'm a little torn between this or a c60. The silver on this frame looks so good. But i would have to wait for the frameset, to be sold separately. I will build it up the same enve components, zipp 404 and etap.

The silver's sparkle really pops in the sun! You can't go wrong with an updated version of what many called, "the best bike ever." I also wanted to go with eTap, but read that it isn't available until spring next year. Hopefully they aren't delayed.

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

*227 grams after further trimming.
Last edited by DCnoJ on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Got a complete pic of the final build? Did the new BB30A bottom bracket pose any issues?

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Tinea Pedis wrote:Got a complete pic of the final build? Did the new BB30A bottom bracket pose any issues?

Not yet. Stripped the bike down and still waiting on the BB and housing/cables to arrive. I don't see how the BB30A will pose issues with my Rotor 3D+ crank. They provided me with 6.5mm of spacers instead of the 11.5 cone for the NDS.

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Including 78 gram BB, 24 gram partial Di2 wiring harness, and 2 gram cable guide.

242 cut.

Last edited by DCnoJ on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I have been trying to get hold of one of the lightweight expander plugs for my Supersix since I bought it and can't get one anywhere!!
I'm following this closely as this is by far my favourite frameset available right now!!

nickf

by nickf

My Ultrastar2 works in my evo hm fork fine.

djantz

by djantz

burglarboycie wrote:I have been trying to get hold of one of the lightweight expander plugs for my Supersix since I bought it and can't get one anywhere!!
I'm following this closely as this is by far my favourite frameset available right now!!

Bicycle Buys and others have them. Just search "Cannondale Expander Top Cap" and you're bound to find. Pretty cheap considering the astronomical weight loss it provides.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I have found a few in the States but the cost of shipping rules them out completely. Need to locate one in the UK, everywhere is out of stock and can never seem to give me a date for getting them back in stock

Point

by Point

I use the carbon-ti expander bung (awful company name, great products) and its fantastic.

Superb looking Cdale! Would be very tempted by one of these...
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Everything but the wheels and tires are in. I'll build and post it with with my 202 Tubulars in the meantime.

*41 grams after being fitted.

Last edited by DCnoJ on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krull

by Krull

Perfect choice of wheels either, this is going to look great.

stiffnezz1

by stiffnezz1

Nice build! Enve arent the lightest but they are what i like to call responsibly light. as in wont leave you with your face on the pavement

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

Done! Sort of. Tires came in, just waiting for the wheels now. I put my race wheels (Zipp 202 Tubulars) on in the meantime. Here's a quick camera phone pic. I'll have proper photos taken once the wheels are in.

5.63kg/12.42lbs with pedals