2016 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD 5.63kg/12.42lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

5DII

by 5DII

very nice. what did you do with your other 2 bikes?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

5DII wrote:very nice. what did you do with your other 2 bikes?

Sold both. Components off of CAAD is now on girlfriend's bike.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Very cool setup :beerchug:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Awesome!!! Although I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to drivetrains on Cannondales so would prefer SI cranks with Spidering.
That's not a criticism at all, to a totally stunning bike!!

headwind816

by headwind816

Great looking bike!

How did you sort out the asymmetrical BB? I thought Cannondale's solution was built into the crank, which required the use of its crank ... Not being a fan of its crank, I am very interested in hearing how you sorted.

Cheers

AHC

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Rode with Lasse Norman Hansen today - this scheme really is nice in the flesh. Hits that balance between understated yet not too 'in your face'.

Great build!

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Damn. Anyone know where I can get hold of one of these in Belgium? My UK shop said March 2016!

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

I love my SS Evo and love yours more... :)
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

burglarboycie wrote:Awesome!!! Although I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to drivetrains on Cannondales so would prefer SI cranks with Spidering.
That's not a criticism at all, to a totally stunning bike!!

SISL2 SRM is next!
headwind816 wrote:Great looking bike!

How did you sort out the asymmetrical BB? I thought Cannondale's solution was built into the crank, which required the use of its crank ... Not being a fan of its crank, I am very interested in hearing how you sorted.

Cheers

AHC

The Rotor 3D+ spindle is a UBB (universal), 30x91mm. With a traditional Press-Fit BB30 (30x68) the standard two 11.5mm spacer cones (provided by Rotor) is needed. With the 2016 Evo BB being 5mm longer on the NDS, I requested a 6.5mm spacer (5mm and 1.5mm was sent) instead of the 11.5mm one. What do you not like about the crank? One of the lightest, stiffest, and narrowest Q on the market.
Tinea Pedis wrote:Rode with Lasse Norman Hansen today - this scheme really is nice in the flesh. Hits that balance between understated yet not too 'in your face'.

Great build!

Way cool and couldn't have said it better.

109er

by 109er

Holy crap, that is excellent!
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

LEC135

by LEC135

I loved your last 2! This just blows both away.
I'm on a 50cm CAAD 10 and always thought about dropping to a 48cm but it matches the TT to my summer Parlee Z5 SL
Looks great

PLuKE

by PLuKE

How do you find the Selle saddle? And how is the padding?

Thanks

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

DCnoJ wrote:Done! Sort of. Tires came in, just waiting for the wheels now. I put my race wheels (Zipp 202 Tubulars) on in the meantime. Here's a quick camera phone pic. I'll have proper photos taken once the wheels are in.

5.63kg/12.42lbs with pedals

Beautiful bike! Hard for me to wrap my head around your total weight though. I have a 2015 hi mod evo. I have several parts that are lighter than yours (you also have a couple parts that are lighter than what I have) and yet your bike is nearly a pound and a half lighter than mine. Not saying you are lying by any means, I'm just trying to figure out where the differences are.

DCnoJ

by DCnoJ

PLuKE wrote:How do you find the Selle saddle? And how is the padding?

Thanks
I bought it direct from the US Dealer. They can be found online. (LINK).
Bianchi10 wrote:Beautiful bike! Hard for me to wrap my head around your total weight though. I have a 2015 hi mod evo. I have several parts that are lighter than yours (you also have a couple parts that are lighter than what I have) and yet your bike is nearly a pound and a half lighter than mine. Not saying you are lying by any means, I'm just trying to figure out where the differences are.
Hey Nick! It's JD (IG: wannabeaballeur) actually. Haha. I suppose we could start with the my Zipp 202 Tubulars weighing about 350 grams lighter than your Enve 45/R45 Clinchers. What did your Evo "system" (frame, fork, seat post, and headset with spacers) weigh in at? The '16 complete system claims a significant loss, especially when compared to a 54 to a 48.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

DCnoJ wrote:
PLuKE wrote:How do you find the Selle saddle? And how is the padding?

Thanks
I bought it direct from the US Dealer. They can be found online. (LINK).
Bianchi10 wrote:Beautiful bike! Hard for me to wrap my head around your total weight though. I have a 2015 hi mod evo. I have several parts that are lighter than yours (you also have a couple parts that are lighter than what I have) and yet your bike is nearly a pound and a half lighter than mine. Not saying you are lying by any means, I'm just trying to figure out where the differences are.
Hey Nick! It's JD (IG: wannabeaballeur) actually. Haha. I suppose we could start with the my Zipp 202 Tubulars weighing about 350 grams lighter than your Enve 45/R45 Clinchers. What did your Evo "system" (frame, fork, seat post, and headset with spacers) weigh in at? The '16 complete system claims a significant loss, especially when compared to a 54 to a 48.

Damn you, you bastard! Did you get rid of the other bike already? ok, that makes a lot more sense now. I must have missed where it said 48, which would have helped with the numbers as well. How come you havent posted a picture of this bike on IG!?