2014 Addict SL - 6.2kg - Journey to sub 5.9kg!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

joshclick

by joshclick

After graduating college and starting work, it's been a dream of mine to build up a bike like this, and it's finally all coming together! I've been a lurker on WW for quite a while and I'm excited to finally reveal my ride. I made a trip out to Central Park on a beautiful day and managed to pull together these photos to share :)

I also have these pictures entered into the WW photo gallery competition and I'm gunning for that 1st place prize! If you enjoyed these photos I would love your vote and support:
http://www.starbike.com/galleries/?id=116

Here are individual weights for all the parts:

There are still some obvious places where I can lose weight, but it's definitely a work in progress and I hope to get it down to 5.9kg in a season or two.

Code: Select all

2014 Addict SL Frame          ~715g
2014 Addict SL Fork            263g
DA Pressfit BB                 ~55g
Headset and spacers etc         97g
Seat Clamp                     ~10g

ENVE 25mm Setback Seatpost     136g
Selle SMP Full Carbon (fake)   134g
ENVE 110mm Stem                119g
TIME Ergo Force Handlebars     243g
Planet X Bar Tape              ~60g
Cables & Housing               135g
Blackburn Camber CF Cage        27g
Speedplay Zero Chromoly        223g

Rear Mavic CCU                 684g
Front Mavic CCU                510g
Mavic Titanium Skewers         109g
Vittoria Corsa CX Tubs 25mm    551g
Cork Brake Pads                 21g
Mastik One Tub Glue             15g
Air in tires                   ~25g

DA 9000 52-36 Crankset        ~625g
Stages Power Meter             ~20g
Ultegra 6800 Shifters          420g
DA 9000 Rear Mech              161g
DA 9000 Front Mech              64g
DA 9000 Brake Calipers         264g
Ultegra 11S Chain              246g
Ultegra 11-28 Cassette         247g

Misc bolts and plugs, etc       21g

--------------------------------------
Total (Estimate)             ~6200g
Total (On Scale)              6206g

I'm really shooting for that carbon fiber trophy and I would love your vote:
http://www.starbike.com/galleries/?id=116

Cheers,
Josh

Edit: I'd also be happy to give any reviews on the parts on here. It took me a lot of reading through the forums before getting the CCU's and Corsa CXs but I've been extremely happy about them. The TIME bars were also impossible to find any information on, but were a great purchase. The Chinese Selle SMP Full Carbon saddle was a risky buy, but is just like my padded Selle SMP Evolution.
Last edited by joshclick on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spincycle

by Spincycle

Nice build, I'll pay a visit to your gallery posting. Respect for carrying a line item for the air in the tires ;)
You could gain some savings migrating to SRAM red 22 groupset, if you are so inclined. THM fibula brakes, Schmolke bars, MCFK stem and seatpost, will get you to where you want to go, but seriously lighten your wallet!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joshclick

by joshclick

Thanks! I was really suprised to see such a big difference with flat tires vs filled, and of course it counts for a lot in weight weenie land :P

I'm a fan of Shimano shifting so that piece may stay. Maybe next gen Di2 down the line (whenever that ends up coming out).

EE Cycleworks brakes would be more within my budget (-95g). I'll also have to pick up some DA9000 shifters (-55g). TI Speedplay spindles can probably save me 60g, and I definitely have a lot of weight to drop in my bars, but I'd like to keep something semi-aero to aero. Any suggestions for those that aren't uber expensive?

Hopefuly I can snag a top 15 spot for the photo contest and drop a ton of saddle weight (-52g) :)

(Total: 262g savings, just 48 more theoretical grams to go!)

fitty4

by fitty4

pop products-parts of passion skewers, about 30 gram, titanium axle and alu. butterflies for pedals, that will get your pedals down below 150 gr. Maybe kcnc brake shoes will save you a little weight. Extralite ultrastar expander, deda bar tape less than 40 gr. if you put it on the same way like you have now ( http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-med ... h=1100&a=7 )

northwestern

by northwestern

Cannondale SISL 2 with spiderrings is 525gr on the scale. You can get used ones for 300-400 on ebay. I think that would save >100 gr for a relatively cheap price. They're also blacked out so they would look good on your black bike.