Introduction

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

awjpca

by awjpca

Hey gents, just signed up to the forum and am pretty excited

A little about me, I'm 20, studying accounting, and have a pretty active history with competitive soccer, tennis, and a lot of ski racing. I'm already a gearhead in real life and love talking bikes and clothing, having people online to talk bikes with just sounds like the next step in my bike progression. This Summer was the first where I managed to spend a lot of time on my bike, and I'm certain I'd love to race. My current goal is to be have 10 bike races under my belt by 2017

I work in a bike store and got to pro deal a lovely bike last year- a 2013 Specialized Venge Expert UDI2 ! The bike is bone stock and isn't the lightest of the bunch, coming in at ~7.7 kg, but it's fast and fun! That is when I'm not having issues with it like right now... Fortunately the season is wrapping up and I was planning on hanging the bike up for a couple of weeks before restarting with base training at mid-October anyway. This will just push back my base training a bit.

Finally, I do have photos of my bike, but I have no idea how to embed from instagram to here. Any tips?

Look forward to spending time on here!

awjpca

by awjpca

Thanks for the welcome Juanmoretime (Funny name btw)

Figured this instagram stuff out. Here's my bike!

Plan for now is to get a new crankset, as I just had to send the non drive side crank for warranty because the crank bolt started separating from the carbon... Not too pleased. Will also be dropping the handlebar height a bit before next season.

I'll be doing an 11 speed conversion. Just need cassette, FD, RD, Derailleur, and I'll have to call Specialized to see if the freehub on my Roval CL35s works with 11 speed cassettes.

Following that, I'll be buying a powermeter, and wheels will come last.

As for doing crits, my plan is to build a crit bike. I can't afford to race this bike and have it break atm. Would prefer to use it as a sportive/group ride/solo ride bike, and have a crit bike as a light, aggressive, beater. Was thinking a CAAD frameset, Kinlin XC279 wheels laced to Tune Mig70/Mag70, and whatever finishing kit I can work out a deal for with my store. Powermeter on that as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com