Kinesis Aithein - a middle finger to carbon.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Devon

by Devon

Rallyman1978 wrote:That's a good looking build, I have to agree with you on the Fabric cages, I struggled even at a trade show let alone whilst riding. Can't say I'm convinced

I'm getting used to them, slowly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

metalplease

by metalplease

Hi Devon - am a bit 'late to the party' - just joined this forum...have to say it's great to read some of the metal bikes on here reaching good low weights. Hope you're still enjoying yours ! :)

haynesdavid1988

by haynesdavid1988

Devon wrote:Now that has been a long standing debate in my head. I've gone for Orange. The durability issues with the Black
put me off unfortunately and Green will clash with most of my kit :roll:

It was a tough choice between the Aithein and the Bowman Palace too, but the Kinesis wins hands down on price.

Durability issues?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

haynesdavid1988

by haynesdavid1988

Devon wrote:Now that has been a long standing debate in my head. I've gone for Orange. The durability issues with the Black

It was a tough choice between the Aithein and the Bowman Palace too, but the Kinesis wins hands down on price.

Durability issues?

haynesdavid1988

by haynesdavid1988

Durability issues?

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Unless it's looked after meticulously the anodised 'RACELIGHT' lettering on the underside of the down tube gradually degrades, getting all stained looking and speckled. I believe Kinesis have had to warranty a number of black frames because of this and I know of a couple of owners who got rid and replaced with green or orange.

I picked one up cheap as a result of this problem and I'm using it as a spare winter bike. Lighter and more responsive than the TK3 I usually ride in winter, but not as comfortable.

metalplease

by metalplease

Just come across your build...nice to see a lovely alloy lightweight, & good info on where to shop...Cheers!