Orbea orca stealth build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

balty

by balty

Hi folks, been looking at all the awesome machines people have been building on here for some time and thought it was about time i threw my hat into the ring

got this bike over summer, kept it mostly stock apart from wheels and a couple of other small bits, 2015 orbea orca in matte black stealth mode. chose this as having worked in the bike trade i've been lucky enough to have at my disposal and test ridden a large majority of the current high end race bikes from the major brands, and found this bike to have a really good balance of stiffness, comfort and aero, really is a jack of all trades, and in particular climbs like nothing i've ever experienced.

Orbea orca omp Frameset
Ultegra 6800 drivetrain 11/25 cassette, compact chainset
Speedplay Zero pedals (not pictured)
Fsa slk post
Fabric saddle
3t arx stealth stem 110mm
fsa energy compact bars
Fulcrum racing zero wheels
Vittoria open pave tyres 25c

Weight is a not very weight weenie 7.5kg, most of the excess weight is in the pretty heavy ultegra groupset, couldn't justify the extra expense for dura ace when ultegra 11 speed works so well, so weight will be shaved off elsewhere. goal is to get it under 7 kg, should easily be achieved with a lighter finishing kit, carbon saddle and swapping the comfy but heavy open pave's i've put on for winter back to 23c conti 4000's with lightweight tubes, or maybe even going tubeless when the new lighter tubeless tyres from schwalbe are available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Another 2015 Orca on the forum. Great!

OMP frame is a bit heavy, but it is not so hard to shave weight from your setup :)