Bespoke De Rosa Titanio 3.25 - Pics at Pg5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

caballero wrote:Go full super record, deda campione bar, pMp carbon post firefly ti stem . Hyperons with gum wall tyres. white tape and saddle. King ti cages.

I like your style

Hyperons or Bora with 2015 SR, the 4 bolts crankarms will look great with Ti

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Short listed the PMP Titanium seatpost or the Record 27.2mm "vintage" carbon post.
Extralite stem and AX Orion brake calipers are the only notable weigtweenie components for this built. Bike will be built with 2015 SR components, including the four arm crankset..
No Campy Hyperons though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Maverick_1, I like your taste but if you go "majority" classic, might as make it fully classic including the brakes....

So much potential with this bike....MCFK gloss 3k stem, AX seaport, M3 crankset, Ventoux wheel set...

I can hear your wallet running for the door as I type this out...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Received the Parlee FD clamp@34.9mm today, and here's the result.

Looks like I have no other choice but to opt for a standard Campagnolo 35mm FD clamp then..
There goes 20 grams of weight savings..bummer :cry:

@jimaizumi,
yup, considering a full Campy build including brakeset, let's see how it goes.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I presume you're saying that the Parlee clamp is too small? I haven't worked with them at all, but it almost looks like it's meant to be tightened down for it to fully close up and clamp the tube etc? Personally, I think the Campy clamp will be nicer on this frame anyway.

Any chance we can at least have a peek at the whole frame before it gets built up? :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Lig

by Lig

Yeah, thats how they are supposed to be. They tighten up perfect!

I cant wait to see some 'proper' pics :lol:

Lig.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@Calnago, Lig,
Here you go...not the best of pics but you get the idea :D
Actual build will be on a -12 deg Hyperstem.

As for the Parlee FD clamp, unfortunately the clamp diameter is just too small for the Titanio. Giving that a pass and going for a Campy FD clamp in 35mm instead.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Nice... another instant classic from Maverick. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@irongatsby,
merely enjoying the build process :wink:

That aside, finally gotten the 35mm Campy FD clamp at the LBS earlier, added a Campy chain catcher and FD adjustment tool as well.
Campy 2015 components should be arriving within the next couple of days.
Now, should I make it a full Campy built including brake calipers and forgo the AX Orion :?:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You're killin' us Maverick... :)

And yes, go all Campy, including the brakes. One thing I might reconsider is the chain catcher. The new K-Edge versions are really nice, I think a little more refined than the Campy one. And I don't know that the Campy catcher can be adjusted independently of the front derailleur clamp bolt, can it? If so, then that's good, but after setting up quite a few earlier versions of the K-Edge, it was always a bit of a finagle to simultaneously tighten the bolt for the derailleur and get the catcher and derailleur perfectly set up. The new version of the K-Edge catchers can be adjusted independently of the derailleur clamp bolt.

Frame looks fantastic by the way. Thanks for throwing us a bone.

Cal
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

soracabana

by soracabana

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That last pic makes me backtrack on my previous post about the K-Edge chain catcher. Definitely think you should use the campy band clamp so that probably means the campy chain catcher too. Spaced out that you are using a band type clamp, but does campy make an all-in-one derailleur/band clamp. That would likely look the cleanest.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

This?

I think they make 2015s in both 32mm and 34.9mm as well, but not everyone sells them. It's probably because frame manufacturers are continuing to move away from clamp-on FD mount designs.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, that would look cleaner, but perhaps you couldn't use a chain catcher with that. However, the way the new 2015 stuff works, it makes it much more difficult to drop a chain on the inside than before. So maybe one isn't even needed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

I like the look of a ti post with a ti clamp (see my Siena). In a 27.2mm config and with that little length exposed, I'd think it'd weigh around 150g.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk