Bianchi Oltre XR2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tommasini

by tommasini

Excellent - well done Italian steed!

em3

by em3

Nice ride, but u need to re-tape the bars....start from bottom and finish at top along the scalloped edge molded in the bar. Also, remove warning labels from ur Boras and make sure that when ur front tire wears and u need to replace it (assuming those r tubular) that the silver Campy barcode sticker ends up on the non-drive side ( matching rear wheel)....details matter if ur going to b a weight weenie :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Very nice! TBH I did not really like the color on your Protos, but this I can get fully behind... Its stunning! The Oltre frame has to be one othe most beautiful available. I'll always regret selling my Bianchi C2C 928.
Last edited by BlackMadone on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lella81

by lella81

Awesome.

how about compare with Derosa.

zillion

by zillion

Oltre is always right...exellent.

zillion

by zillion

very nice and great!!

congratulation !!

zillion

by zillion

very nice and great!!

congratulation !!

theletterk

by theletterk

em3 wrote:Nice ride, but u need to re-tape the bars....start from bottom and finish at top along the scalloped edge molded in the bar. Also, remove warning labels from ur Boras and make sure that when ur front tire wears and u need to replace it (assuming those r tubular) that the silver Campy barcode sticker ends up on the non-drive side ( matching rear wheel)....details matter if ur going to b a weight weenie :)

thanks for the advise :P

boras are new so I didn't remove the warning stickers yet. just to check - I normally follow the direction of the words CULT on the hub. On the rear wheel - the word CULT rotates with the T L U C downwards. so I always put the front wheel in the same direction. But if I follow the barcode stickers (matching rear wheel).....the hubs will not be in the right direction :( Is there actually proper direction in this case?

Bar tape - I've rewrapped the tape in the proper manner. I think I look faster now too!

tk2306 wrote:Looks Great! I'm with the others above, not a fan of the thompson stem, you can get a 3t -17 and de-logo it so it will be full black. Would really finish of the bike IMO.

Otherwise thats a drool-worthy bike!

thanks for the advise....the Thomson is what remains from the Protos so I just make do with whatever I have 'for now'. hahaha.....will look into getting the bike finish soon!

theletterk

by theletterk

tinman143 wrote:Looks great. Just curious how tall are you and what's your inseam in inches? I'm wondering if a size 50 would work for me also. I'm 5'7.5" with 29-30" inseam.

I'm 1.7m with inseam of 29.5"

sz50 might be a tad too small for you because of your longer body. I think a size up will be perfect for you!

theletterk

by theletterk

beanbiken wrote:That is nice............ love it and enjoy the ride :thumbup:

nd2rc wrote:What a beautiful build! I'd love to own that ride. Very nice

cazone wrote:Beautiful!

cedced74 wrote:Very nice bike, congrats ! This colour scheme is beautiful...

sub7kg wrote:V nice!!

tommasini wrote:Excellent - well done Italian steed!

BlackMadone wrote:Very nice! TBH I did not really like the color on your Protos, but this I can get fully behind... Its stunning! The Oltre frame has to be one of the most beautiful available. I'll always regret selling my Bianchi C2C 928.

lella81 wrote:Awesome. how about compare with Derosa.

zillion wrote:Oltre is always right...exellent.

zillion wrote:very nice and great!!congratulation !!

Thanks everyone.

Its hazy in Singapore at the moment so not good to be out riding. I hope to be able to do a proper comparison after a few more proper rides and update you all.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Nice Oltre. I had one which my brother is now using and it's a fantastic ride.
Yup, pretty bad in singapore now, definitely don't go out riding in that smog! PSI is pretty high.

Hanibal74

by Hanibal74

That new colour scheme looks amazing. Well done. I'm thinking about some boras for my xr2. How do you like them So far?

Martin.F

by Martin.F

You should put your bike in the gallery-competition. Great looking steed.

theletterk

by theletterk

strobbekoen wrote:Nice Oltre. I had one which my brother is now using and it's a fantastic ride.
Yup, pretty bad in singapore now, definitely don't go out riding in that smog! PSI is pretty high.

yeah....its over 200psi / 230pm2.5 at the moment and it seems like it will be that way till the weekend and for the month of October. nothing much we can do so fingers crossed!

Hanibal74 wrote:That new colour scheme looks amazing. Well done. I'm thinking about some boras for my xr2. How do you like them So far?

I like bora a lot. I have quite a number of wheels but the boras are my go to wheels for everything. The new bora ultra50 is lighter than the previous edition though. I weighed the new boras and they are 1240gms. think the previous version was 13XX (weighed it a few yrs back)

Martin.F wrote:You should put your bike in the gallery-competition. Great looking steed.

Thanks :) ....my bike is mostly bolt on parts. the bikes in there are monsters! totally different class altogether!!

theletterk

by theletterk

Tried my hand at cleaning up the logos on the 3T stem.

worked well.....

I will put this up on the bike tonight (and the Thomson will go on another bike)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com