BMC - first post (Updated 2/29/16 new pics on page 2)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dak

by dak

Hi everyone!

---------------------------------
*UPDATE* Jan 23 2016

So I updated my stem and cages. Went from 100mm to 110mm and eliminated 10mm spacer. Also swapped Elite bottle cages for Arundel Mandible matte carbon cages. Bike is handling really great noow, tracks confidently in and out of corners and steering is more stable. Cage swap was purely for esthetics although I'm sure I shaved about 30-50 grams over the Elite cages. I prefer the more subtle look of the Mandible cages. Still considering new cranks and brakes.... :twisted:
---------------------------------

Updated

My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dak

by dak

A couple more changes to the set up. I eliminated another 10mm from my stack with a shorter bearing cover and switched my saddle to a Selle SMP Glider. So far I have about 300 miles on the Glider and I am really liking it. I have eliminated any numbness after some tweaking with the angle and set back. Settled around 2.5 deg nose down. After the first 150 miles saddle was broken in and very comfortable. Tried the Selle SMP Drakon also, but found it to have to much of a dip in the middle. Glider allows for a longer effective seat area and more room to shift a little, although I am not finding the need to shift much now that I can feel my n**ts again!

Also took some better pictures! All comments welcomed. :beerchug:

Dimitri

My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod

KCookie

by KCookie

Nice build, I bet that saddle added 100g. !!!

dak

by dak

KCookie wrote:Nice build, I bet that saddle added 100g. !!!

You're probably right but given the bike weighs more than 7.5kg I don't really mind. On my next build I hope to get under 6kg and I think they have a carbon railed version that's not quite as porky. Still I am not going numb and that is worth every extra gram!
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod