Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Your Colnago is amazing. Would upgrading to THM cranks and Praxis rings get you under 6kg? That's the only thing I would upgrade and maybe a lighter setapost. This gives me hope, because I want to build a C60. I rode a C59 with Di2 and was blown away at how the bike rode. It was a brick, but even with the extra weight it rode like nothing I've ever ridden. So smooth!

I felt the same way about my Cervelo bike. It climbed like a goat, but came downhill like a tumbling bear. I couldn't get it to turn in on sharp steep descents (my favorite kind of riding). I was super scared when going downhill on my Cervelo. I heard it was the rake and fork design in correlation to the frame geo (3T fork). Don't go saying "If the pros can descend on it, yada yada yada!" The pros can use both lanes during a race. Essentially a closed road. Try holding your line on a tight mountain road and avoiding sand in the corners...
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

RippedUp

by RippedUp

I love the way my C60 handles the descents. Full confidence, speed, and handling.

Timujin

by Timujin

Beautiful Build!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSM

by PSM

cedced74 wrote:Of course, I have found the R5Ca, and obviously the RCa, with about 5.2 kg, were absolutely great for climbing, with the feeling of having no bike under me ! But they were, in my opinion, very "neutral" in other situations, and I've always had a (very) little fear on downhills. The C60 is by far more "allrounder", and the handling is definitely outstanding. I always have a big smile when riding it...

I agree about this. I had three R3's in the past. Moved on to my M10. I don't know if I dare to go from Colnago again. Everything I tried efter I got my M10 does not ride as well as my Colnago. Honestly. I tried Canyons SLX, SuperSix and Specialized...

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I would like to hear some more detail of the difference between the two bikes. Its rare treat to be able to hear from someone who's owned all three.

KGT, in that regard can you do a review/comparison between your Cipo/Pina/Colnago?

kgt

by kgt

I cannot really compare my Cipollini with my Pinarello or Colnago.
A Colnago Master - Pinarello Dyna comparison would make sense.

AJS914

by AJS914

Your c60 pics are gone now.

I totally agree with what you've guys said about Colnagos. My new C59 has exceeded all of my expectations. I can't imagine going to another brand and finding the fit, geometry, handling, and ride.

I'm surprised there aren't other brands that have copied the Colnago geometry. Are there?

cedced74

by cedced74

Thanks a lot AJS914, the photos are back now...
Have a good ride :thumbup:

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

Just awesome, especially with the Lightweights! But even more interesting to hear your comparison with R5ca and RCA. Was there much of a difference between R5ca and RCA?

Having had an R3 before my Zero7, I can say that the handling of my Zero7 is in another league. The way I can turn in on corners... its just freakin unreal.
Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

cedced74

by cedced74

Honestly, between R5Ca and RCa, the biggest difference I've noticed is... The paint ! Really, really a pain to clean on the R5Ca...
Even if the two bikes' geometries aren't exactly the sames, I can't notice great differences on riding : both are climbing goats :lol: !!!

Andres

by Andres

cedced74 wrote:Thank you mrgray,
you're right, I could get sub 6kg, but I'd have to use more exotic components (crank, seatpost, handlebar, brakes...), looking at Schmolke, Ax, or THM...
Maybe one day, but is it worth it ? Even if it's Weight Weenies, the bike is very reliable like this, and handles incredibly well !

That said, my two previous bikes were VERY lighter

Have a good ride !

Was that a team issue RCA with the logo on the down tube?

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

dre_lo82 wrote:
cedced74 wrote:Thank you mrgray,
you're right, I could get sub 6kg, but I'd have to use more exotic components (crank, seatpost, handlebar, brakes...), looking at Schmolke, Ax, or THM...
Maybe one day, but is it worth it ? Even if it's Weight Weenies, the bike is very reliable like this, and handles incredibly well !

That said, my two previous bikes were VERY lighter

Have a good ride !

Was that a team issue RCA with the logo on the down tube?

That RCA does look different -- most likely a team issue. Here's the run of the mill version:

Seedster

by Seedster

beautiful bikes! Love what you've done with the C60.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com