Project Look 695 HELLCAT (update page 4: Final Pictures)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

SLCBrandon wrote:Haha, he takes that long and still thinks he can dictate terms about no photos.............wow.

This was meant more like a surprise.
Sometimes it is nice to see design, that you draw on a computer, come to life and see it in person for the first time. :wink:

BmanX wrote:I hope it is amazing in a good way and not a bad way. lol.
Can't wait to see this.

Well, everything will be better than red and white paint job, considering the yellow fluo kit. :mrgreen:

O and especially, after what happened with the clear coat, it peeled off like a skin. :unbelievable:

Look owners be aware, if you see air bubble under clear coat, don't "touch it".
Sadly, this is one weakness with majority of the Look frames, that I notice over the years, old and new.
Send back a few frames over the years, regarding this problem. Still, I have to give some kudos to Look, when I send them this pictures. They would repaint the frame, even the warranty on paint expired 2 years ago.
Did get second expert explanation why this is happening, but won't get in to this here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Some quick photos of finished paint job and spec.:

Last edited by tomyboy123 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Delorre

by Delorre

Stunning paintjob :shock: Well done! The only thing I would have done different, is clear coat and visible carbon structure instead of plain black. But otherwise :thumbup:

AZR3

by AZR3

Wow, can't go wrong with that color combo, looks stunning!

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Delorre wrote:Stunning paintjob :shock: Well done! The only thing I would have done different, is clear coat and visible carbon structure instead of plain black. But otherwise :thumbup:

Thanks.
All my previous frames had visible carbon structure and I got a little tired of it. Also, designer trends are shifting towards pure black, rather than visible carbon structure. :wink:
Black breaks and UD Carbon Wheelsets fortunately matches the black paint, didn't even consider that, when choosing between glossy and mat finish.
Last edited by tomyboy123 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Yes! This is awesome. Who did the paintjob?

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Nejmann wrote:Yes! This is awesome. Who did the paintjob?

Carbon Doctor Werk... :beerchug: There will be no No.002.... :cry:

briantumma

by briantumma

Well into this - really nice outcome and definitely worth the wait!

zulu695

by zulu695

Great looks, I like it a lot, but like others wish there was some carbon look on it. But it is not my bike.

It will look great and unique!

Lig

by Lig

Really stunning paint job... I love the Neon/black. I particularly like the crank detail. Not 100% sure on the 'thundercats' logo though, I think it would look better without?! But deffo looks personalised!!

Nice Job :thumbup:
Lig.

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

Lig wrote:Really stunning paint job... I love the Neon/black. I particularly like the crank detail. Not 100% sure on the 'thundercats' logo though, I think it would look better without?! But deffo looks personalised!!

Nice Job :thumbup:
Lig.

I'm glad you all like it. Logo is associated with this beast, just something I like. :wink:
http://www.hellcat.org/attachments/image-jpg.25028/

Bike is almoust finished, I'll do a proper photoshoot next weekend.
Only one thing will probably not work as I hoped. Bought gold chain and other trinkets and will have to use them for this season.
Any opinions on that?

In the future will probably go for all black, including chain. :oops:
Last edited by tomyboy123 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgt

by kgt

Looks cool by whey isn't the carbon weave visible any more? Have you painted over it as well?

plasticol

by plasticol

Funny think as people think a frame graphic design is an easy task to do. It is not. I do like the color combo even that black/yellow fluo is a bit passe now but still nice. I do not like the thundercat logo and I can belive that you cover that glorious, hand made carbon fiber weave. It gives so much "life" to a frame compare to the sterile feeling that matte plain black gives, IMHO.

tomyboy123

by tomyboy123

kgt wrote:Looks cool by whey isn't the carbon weave visible any more? Have you painted over it as well?

Yes, base color is black.

plasticol wrote:.....I can belive that you cover that glorious, hand made carbon fiber weave. It gives so much "life" to a frame compare to the sterile feeling that matte plain black gives, IMHO.

This is the trend in all of new Look 2016 top models 795 & 695, black base color:
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/sites/cyclist/ ... k=7PEK8pe5
http://www.look-bikes.de/media/catalog/ ... mjn_13.jpg
etc....
Personally, I believe that the visible carbon structure is outdated and I got little tired of it, after 8 years(different bikes). :mrgreen:

andrewfelix

by andrewfelix

Stunning. Congratulations.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com