Rose XEON RS 3000

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xeonrs3000

by xeonrs3000

Not really weight weenie, but I don't see to many Rose bikes on this forum so wanted to show you mine.

Rose XEON RS 3000 2015 size 59
Full Shimano Ultegra 6800 50/34 with 12/25 cassette
Shimano Ultegra pedals
DT swiss R20 wheels
Continental GP 4000S tires
Michelin ultra-light tubes
Ritchey WCS carbon link Flexlogic 300mm seatpost
Prologo nago evo plus 141mm saddle
Ritchey Evo-Curve WCS handlebar 40cm
Ritchey WCS C-220 100mm stem

Weight is 7.4kg. I'm quite happy with that, given that it's aluminium and there are no exotic parts.

I'll swap the tires with all-black when they wear out. I thought the yellow would match with the frame, but I think it's a bit too much and its hard to keep clean. I also need to cut the steerer and don't really like the white on the saddle. Otherwise I don't plan any changes for now, although carbon wheels would be nice of course.

Voye

by Voye

Cool Frame and lovely build. I like! Nicely done :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Aluminium, size 59,ultegra etc. I think that your weight with 7.4kg is pretty ok.
Nice bike.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

czaballa

by czaballa

bura wrote:Aluminium, size 59,ultegra etc. I think that your weight with 7.4kg is pretty ok.
Nice bike.

+1 nothing wrong with the weight. I guess with some minor changes you can get sub 7.0kg quit easily (and not breaking the bank).

martinettu

by martinettu

27,2 seatpost ?
Nice bike ! Good job !
light is dynamite

xeonrs3000

by xeonrs3000

It is a 27.2 seatpost indeed.

danoontje

by danoontje

Really really nice bike! My cup of tea :thumbup:

michel2

by michel2

would you say the seatpost is contributing to more comfort, my syntace p6 hiflex is rather disapointing, really nice you got there, i would stick with those tyres i think they look rather nice

gravity

by gravity

Super nice! Nice lines.

xeonrs3000

by xeonrs3000

Thanks for the kind words.

Hard to say if the seatpost contributes much to the level of comfort on this bike. I can only compare with my previous bike which was an aluminium cube attempt from 2011 with a 31.6 seatpost. The Rose is definitely smoother, both front and back, but I can't say how much comes from the seatpost..

RMcC

by RMcC

I used to own one of these. It started with Sram Force then got Dura-Ace then ended up with Ultegra Di2. I wish I had kept it now and will probably buy another in the near future. Definitely a Rose of some kind if not the Xeon RS. I think mine ended up about 6.7Kg but I had the anodized black frame and size 51. :thumbup:

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

This is my Xeon CRS-3000. However, I haven't weighted mine. I guess it's probably around 7.3 - 7.4 kg. with pedals and Mavic Cosmic Elite.

Chanon

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Nice frame! this huge downtube is gorgeous
slam that stem and play the terror on opponents

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

danbjpa wrote:Nice frame! this huge downtube is gorgeous
slam that stem and play the terror on opponents

It's a really nice bike and rides beautifully. I didn't know that the headset will be so tall (it wasn't in the picture). I'm thinking of changing it and slam the stem.

Tomace

by Tomace

Hi Xeon,

I almost made up my mind to go for the RS 3000, too. Just the color bothers me so far. Couldn't make up my mind for which coating I should go. Actually, how black does the black feel in daylight? In Bocholt in the showroom it seemed to suck in all light. What about under a gray or blue sky? Really dark black or a bit dull/grayish? Last years (or the year before that) design was prettynice with all the small Rose logos forming a gradient from black to the actuall color. Unfortunately not available any more. Wonder whether the yellow stripes would still feel nice after some time or if the pure black bike would be more handsome.

Did you order the Ritchey seatpost? The RS seems to come with a Rose one right now. Also, did you go for the DT Swiss? Stock wheelset seems also to be Rose now (the 1400 set).

Good, that you didn't choose a yellow handle tape. Would have been over the top.

Nice one. But the saddle really is visually distracting. : )

Cheers
Tom

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com