Trek Madone 9.2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Another godawful looking bike. Not one for me but I hope you enjoy it.

by 9734344

Each to their own I suppose.

If you didn't like it you could easily convert it to an e-bike. The downtube looks like it would easily accommodate a rather large battery. :noidea:
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

batty

by batty

nice bike

the new Madone is definitely one to divide opinion, but I'm definitely on the "love it" side of the fence.

I'm patiently waiting for mine to be delivered.

What size is the frame on yours? H1 or H2? just to give me some idea of proportions - mine will be a 58 H1.

batty

by batty

ahhh - just seen the size on the first post - was too busy just looking at the photo's...

plasticol

by plasticol

Nice, but a few issues. We would like to see an updated photo with less spacers but I feel that the problem with this bike is going to be that most recreational riders are not going to be riding with as low handlebars as the pros so they will keep a lot of spacers and that situation in this type of oval large spacers look overwhelming and aesthetically not pleasant.
Also not crazy about the look of the integrated seatpost.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Really - superb bike - stem/steer combi is so nice, but damn that downtube/front end is HUGE. Spacers on this bike looks a lot better than on the new Specialized Venge though, and it isn't bothering me if I would have a Trek bike.

plasmaman100

by plasmaman100

Ill post some updated pics of the spacers when ive cut it down. Currently on 2 spacers which is my fit so will stick with the 2. It does look better with less spacers for sure and rides better as well.

Yeah h2 52cm fit. The 52cm frame has a slightly more curved top tube, makes it look more like the h1 look.

I'm about 1900kms in now. Really great ride. No major negatives to report. I've done a fair few ascents and decents upto about 20% each way. The front end is light on the 20%s and I have to concentrate to keep the weight at the front but I had to on the 5.5 also. Brakes are great on those gradients though I feel very slightly lacking compared to my 7800 dura ace. But I'm being picky. The bars are great but theyll pick up scratches over time.

Wheel / tyres combo. I had vittoria open corsas on. Got a rear flat. The things are terrible to fix when out on road and terrible at home to. The tyres are gone, swopped with veloflex master 25s, though very similar to the vittoria they go on and off much easier.

The bike gets lots of attention. A bit too much, I've had drivers stop and chat at lights. People asking me if its a prototype or something like that. They just stop and stare at it. Its quite alarming. I dread to think the attention a project 1 model would get :). For any buyers make sure you have decent home security, keep an eye on it at cafe stops and lock it up as best you can. I can see them getting robbed mid ride.

Its going abroad next month 7 days cycling in Mallorca. Sa Calobra, San Salvador, Lluc, the orient, soler, cap de formentor. I'm gonna try it on the lot of them. Tested packing it last weekend, the manual comes with a page for travelling with it. Its not too difficult but not as straightforward as a standard bike due to the internal cabling on the bars. The brake areas need a little work and the vector wings need removing and are a little fiddly. But itll only add 10 minutes or so.

Looks wise for me its stunning to look at and gets better the higher up the model range. Anyone fortunate enough to get a H1 will not be disappointed. I think the venge looks the more aggressive of the two, looks more purposeful. I've not seen one in the flesh but I'd take the Madone every time.

Ill get it weighed also :) though its not light.

batty

by batty

out of interest - which bike box or bag are you using for transport?
Do you remove the bars and fold them down alongside the front forks ?
I'll hopefully be taking mine to Majorca next spring - Sa Calobra is awesome isn't it?

plasmaman100

by plasmaman100

I've got a polaris eva which Ive got some extra padding for though still not completely decided on that or to hire a bikeboxalan. Bars come off but to get them off have to remove the wedges from both brakes to give some slack to the cables otherwise bar wont come off.

Sa Calobra is great done it a few times. Not the hardest on the island but most widely known. There is a time trial next month in Mallorca... up Sa Calobra ferried to the start by boat so no warm up either :)

batty

by batty

I've got an updated delivery date of 14th October - so not so long to wait now. Bars should be with me this week.

han1337

by han1337

looking forward to your ride review from mallorca :)
Will order same size as you, but probably slammed all way down, still not sure which project one color to take and if h1 or h2 ...
With h1 I will need spacers and I hate spacers, but could probably go 1 cm lower than h2.

The most difficult decisions in life, h1 or h2 and which project one color to take... xD