Scott Addict OGE HMF 6.2kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

andrew9

by andrew9

Here is my Addict, it's built to a budget. Lots of 2nd hand parts and tuning.

I never fully stripped it, so the frame weight is the factory spec (probably weight for a small frame)
I don’t have cable weights, and some titanium bolts were swapped on stem and seatpost, and those parts have not been reweighted. Custom 18 gram shifter clamps were not subtracted from the estimated shifter weight.
It weights 6.18-6.20kg complete with pedals, cages, and computer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

Very Nice! That is by far my favorite color way from Scott.

How does she ride?

bencolem

by bencolem

Like it all apart from those chain rings. Which hurt my eyes.

NorwegianViking

by NorwegianViking

x2, those chainrings doesnt do the rest of the bike justice.

andrew9

by andrew9

No love for the chainrings then! one of the few parts left from the factory build.
I thought about replacing them, but nothing was really any lighter, except extralite or fibre lyte ($$$).
Chainrings are also the most overpriced thing in cycling IMO! You can often get complete cranksets with rings for only a few dollars more than the same rings alone!
I could swap to the better looking SRAM powerglide from the rain bike, but they're 48/34, and I like the 48 on that bike.

The Addict rides really smooth, I have been thinking of swapping back to a stiffer seatpost, or going back to 23mm tyres, its a little softer than I like since going to 25mm, but it is really comfy. I can ride this thing for hours without even thinking about the bike.

The speedplays suck, I've been trying them out for a while, still hoping to get used to them

Delorre

by Delorre

andrew9 wrote:The Addict rides really smooth, I have been thinking of swapping back to a stiffer seatpost, or going back to 23mm tyres, its a little softer than I like since going to 25mm, but it is really comfy. I can ride this thing for hours without even thinking about the bike.

Really strange, I find my HMX Addict a little harsh on the contrary. OK, i'm running 23mm tyres, but basicly, apart from a slight diff carbon grade, both frames should feel the same... Or maybe your seatpost is really flexible? Try a superlogic one, those are stiff enough without noticable flex :wink: And fairly light.

andrew9

by andrew9

Yes, the seatpost is pretty flexy, it was okay with the 23mm tyres, but the little bit more cushion from the 25 sometimes makes me think I've got a rear puncture.

I have the original stiff Syncros post to put back on to test, but I haven't bothered, yet.

I find the bike very compliant generally, on some poor surfaces it almost feels like it’s got suspension, it floats and sticks to the road compared to my very solid alloy and steel bikes, they bump and hop over small holes and surface changes. I've never ridden another carbon bike, so the Addict might be relatively harsh, and only smoother than my metal bikes

bJay

by bJay

andrew9 wrote:Image

Greenhill Rd?
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

andrew9

by andrew9

bJay wrote:
Greenhill Rd?

At the top of Hayward Drive, Mt Osmond

bJay

by bJay

andrew9 wrote:At the top of Hayward Drive, Mt Osmond

Those steep climbs are the only things I really miss about Adelaide.

That and family and friends I guess...

B
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

czaballa

by czaballa

Nice looking Scott :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com