FINALLY! New Canyon Aeroad SLX in America!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

joelpace

by joelpace

New-Canyon_Small2.jpg
I finally decided to sell my Wilier Zero.7 because they came out with a new model. I took the money from that and bought this: 2015 Canyon Aeroad SLX!!! It took a lot of work to get the frameset because Canyon still doesn't sell to the USA, but it was worth it. I'll give a shout out to my best English mate James - You rock! I had it shipped to him in England and he shipped it to me here in the States. Viola! Problem solved.

I'm very impressed with the frame. First, what a bargain! Frame, fork, seatpost, integrated bar/stem, and Dura Ace Direct Mount brakeset for $3200 USD. That's awesome. I built it up with 2015 Campagnolo Super Record mechanical. I have 3 other EPS bikes and always want one mechanical bike just in case. Also, there is something about a mechanical bike that is just pure and simple. About the only thing I would say I'm not crazy about is the paint job, but it is growing on me. I may get it painted in the future. I'll post more pictures in a bit.

Here is a short build list:

Frame: 2015 Canyon Aeroad SLX - Size Large. Color Stealth Black/Red
Stem and handlebar: Canyon H11 Aerocockpit
Handlebar tape: Fizik Red
Wheels: Flo 60 (waiting on Campagnolo Bora 50 Clinchers)
Tires: 23mm Vredstein Clinchers
Group: Campagnolo Super Record (2015)
Chain: Campagnolo Record (removable link)
Brakes: Dura Ace Direct Mount (until Campagnolo releases this soon!!!)
Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2 Cro-Mo
Saddle: Selle San Marco Mantra (old style)
Bottle cage: Zipp
Bottle: Who gives a shit?

I'll weigh it shortly and post that.

Overall, really happy with how it came out. I'm trying to lose a little weight and increase my back flexibility to lower the stack a bit. At 47, I'm never going to be able to slam it. Oh well.....

So, should I get it custom painted or just leave it??????

Thanks,

Joel

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Very nice! And congratulations on getting it to the States :thumbup:
As for the colour, I would leave it as it is, I think it looks great

53x12

by 53x12

Nice frame and nice build up. Wish there were't so many hoops to jump through to get a Canyon over here. Did you get dinged on the way into USA with any import taxes? With the USD strength right now, seems a perfect time to get a Canyon.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

joelpace

by joelpace

It was a pain, but worth it. I did get dinged for both VAT and import duties. I tried to argue about the import duties as I was simply returning property previously purchased overseas. But, they ignored that. Fed Ex would not deliver until I paid.... :evil:

53x12

by 53x12

Just a note for the future when shipping something into the USA. Never ever ever use FedEx/UPS. They are criminals with their brokerage fees. Always use USPS/Canada Post/Royal Mail...etc.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

steventran

by steventran

Good job getting it over here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dino0204

by dino0204

I like this stem connection. It is possible fit this for normall 1 1/8" steertube?