Cielo Cross Racer - 8.38kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

michel2

by michel2

btompkins0112 wrote:Also, the fact that a CX fork is taller than a road fork means a bit of a shorter head tube, but the effective headtube length may be more similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ur on the money, there is 28 mm difference in axle to crown measurement between an enve cross and a enve road fork. you can pretty much stick that to the head tube (-:

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

A few changes/updates, namely ENVE stem, seatpost and tubular wheels.

P.S. tape is temporary....messed the tape I had and this was laying around from another planned build ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

New decals and tires on the wheels. New bar tape coming.

nayr497

by nayr497

I like your style, man. With all the different set-ups...I'm continually impressed with how good this bike looks. AND, I'm majorly picky about what type of bikes really like slick to me. Nice work!

I just picked up a new cross frameset. I might go with with either disc front/v rear (if I decide to spring for a new fork) or maybe I'll go your set-up route, as it does have a nice rear hanger.
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

nayr497

by nayr497

Oh and...sorry if I missed it, but when you have this set-up at a 1x...is that a proper 1x crankset/ring or just a double set up as a single?

I'm thinking of going 1x10 on my new cross build (which I'll use for bad weather/commuting/locking up, do-it-all; I already have a nice cross race bike)
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Cheers man! This bike has definitely gone through some iterations.....in fact, I have some new wheels on the way from Jones Precision Wheelworks, CK Mango laced to Easton R90SL rims.

The 1x was a Wolf Tooth narrow wide chainring for Shimano. I have a 46 tooth that has never been used if you want it.

jmh

by jmh

btompkins0112 wrote:Love it! Yeah, a bit of an odd setup, but since I will be doing some road riding on it I wanted a bit of better braking that you get with the mini-v, but the rear has a pretty trick cable stop for the rear brake so used a canti in the back. Works pretty well as the front mini is more powerful than a canti.

I never was able to get Paul Mini Moto to work will ST-6700 levers. They have the same cable pull as your 5800 (super SLR) levers.

Even when I adjusted them to 1-2mm away from the rim I ran out lever travel before I got excellent braking.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Hmmm.....I don't have an issue, I get what I consider excellent power/modulation. I now have them mated to SRAM Force 22 levers, but I would expect them to have similar pull to the Shimano levers. Per Paul's website the Mini Moto is designed for short-pull brakes.

xcnick

by xcnick

The latest bar tape looks great. What brand is it please?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

It's Cinelli for Manual For Speed....sold out unfortunately. I think they still might have a few in Blue or Pink left.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

This iteration of the bike looks so much better. The stem does it. :thumbup:

That ENVE was an eyesore (it is always an eyesore.) Nice swap.