My Dream Evo Hi-Mod - Update 9-14-2018

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

Seatpost looks great. A longer stem would make for a better, more stable handling IMHO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Trust me, I wish I could but then my arms would be too stretched out.

kgt

by kgt

But it seems like you could easily move the saddle 1 - 1.5 cm forward.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

kgt wrote:But it seems like you could easily move the saddle 1 - 1.5 cm forward.

You don't move your saddle to accommodate reach. I don't have long euro arms and legs. Wish I did because it would in fact LOOK better. I spent a long time setting my bike up to LOOK good and I paid for it. My bike is set up perfect for me now and I can feel the benefits. Wish I could run a longer stem, but it's too long.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I used Goof Off to get the logos off of my Superleggero post. It took about 5 minutes to finish removing both sides, but it's quite a bit stronger than acetone.

kgt

by kgt

Bianchi10 wrote:
kgt wrote:But it seems like you could easily move the saddle 1 - 1.5 cm forward.

You don't move your saddle to accommodate reach. I don't have long euro arms and legs. Wish I did because it would in fact LOOK better. I spent a long time setting my bike up to LOOK good and I paid for it. My bike is set up perfect for me now and I can feel the benefits. Wish I could run a longer stem, but it's too long.

With a longer stem reach would stay the same.
I would suggest moving the rider's body weight forward in order to have a better-more balanced handling.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

kgt the most important thing to set up is the riders position relative to the cranks - as that will provide all the power. One does not compromise pedalling performance in order to look cool, unless you just ride to pose.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kgt

by kgt

Setting the riders position relative to the cranks is important (is it set properly BTW?) but that alone does not make a right fit.

kalistar1983

by kalistar1983

wow!!! very beautiful bike.... nice wheelset and frame... :)

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

lose the gold chain. sweet bike though

BmanX

by BmanX

What brake pads were you using for the Enve Classic 45 clinchers?
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

kgt wrote:Setting the riders position relative to the cranks is important (is it set properly BTW?) but that alone does not make a right fit.

Yes, I've been fitted a couple times. I have shorter arms so my reach does not allow me to be stretched out more that what I currently have without causing my arms to be too straight. My bike is set up perfectly for me right now. Most comfortable Ive been since I ever sat on a bike.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

BmanX wrote:What brake pads were you using for the Enve Classic 45 clinchers?

Enve pads

kgt

by kgt

Bianchi10 wrote:
kgt wrote:Setting the riders position relative to the cranks is important (is it set properly BTW?) but that alone does not make a right fit.

Yes, I've been fitted a couple times. I have shorter arms so my reach does not allow me to be stretched out more that what I currently have without causing my arms to be too straight. My bike is set up perfectly for me right now. Most comfortable Ive been since I ever sat on a bike.

Sorry I am insisting but you misunderstood me. What I am saying:
a. move saddle 1 cm forward b. get a 1 cm longer stem.
Fine position over the crankset, same reach, as comfortable, no more streched but that results in more weight forward = more balanced ride = better handling.
That's just my opinion. You may try.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

kgt wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:

Sorry I am insisting but you misunderstood me. What I am saying:
a. move saddle 1 cm forward b. get a 1 cm longer stem.
Fine position over the crankset, same reach, as comfortable, no more streched but that results in more weight forward = more balanced ride = better handling.
That's just my opinion. You may try.

Ok I see what you are saying now. most likely, I still wont do anything as it has taken me a long time to get this comfortable. After swapping out my seatpost, it took me 5 or 6 rides to find my sweet spot again, even after taking measurements before making the swap and setting it back to what I had measured. I've always been very sensitive to minor changes. Not worth it for me considering everything is working well as of now. I may give it a thought in the future though. Thank you for taking the time to clarify your suggestion! Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com