My Dream Evo Hi-Mod - Update 9-14-2018

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

BmanX wrote:I love my Classic 45's and love the fact that when built up they were 1280g which is fantastic for clinchers.

Yeah they were fantastic wheels, I absolutely loved mine. Was given a great deal on the 4.5 which I had already been thinking about because of its better braking, width, technology gains and simply because they are new. Could not afford to have done it without selling my 45's. The new brake track will take some time getting used to. It sounds like bottle rockets going off everytime I touch a brake. I'm sure I will get used to them, but for now it still catches me off guard every time I pull a brake lever.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

The tan sidewalls are awesome and I usually think they detract from bikes... you've got a very nice looking bike there!

I'm not a fortune teller, but I suspect you're not done building. Just saying!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Got some new even lighter matte finish carbon cages. 15.5g will do just fine! Ebay cages, 2/$22 free shipping. Quality and craftsmanship is superb! Bottles fit nice and snug with no chance of a bottle popping out, yet easy enough to pull one out

alistaird

by alistaird

Not a great Cannondale fan but this one looks great, but personally I preferred the slight splash of red to contrast the build but even so, I'd love this ride...

A

alastairb

by alastairb

Bianchi10 wrote:Got that steering tube cut

Looking good!

Bianchi10 wrote:Slammed my stem. Took a couple miles to get accustomed to it, but it feels pretty good. Been on 2 rides now, No neck or back issues so far.

nathanong87 wrote:yes chop that steerer, now what about that gold chain ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

alastairb wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:Got that steering tube cut

Looking good!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks! I didn't mind the red hubs, but with this new bike being all black, I wanted to murder it out. I might be going all black tires and black chain here soon. Haven't decided yet. LOVE the performance of these tires though and dislike their charcoal option. Wish they made them in all black.

jkzy

by jkzy

Those carbon matte bottle cages look nice and seem to be good value. Do you happen to have a link?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

jkzy wrote:Those carbon matte bottle cages look nice and seem to be good value. Do you happen to have a link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Black-Carb ... SwwIZXS7Uu

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Red hubs look surprisingly well with an otherwise black bike. I was worrying about if I made a right choice by ordering red hyperhubs (because cheaper), but you've dispelled all my doubts, thanks!

Durisic

by Durisic

Good colors combination! :thumbup:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Snow day shot with the new cages

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

After some long research and hmmmm'ing and haw'ing, I made a decision to replace my Ritchey C260 stem with a Deda Superleggero stealth stem.

Things I was after (In this order):

- Lower deg stem angle
- Shorter stack height
- Since this weight weenies, Weight was certainly a factor.

I had some help from a couple forum members with figuring out how certain stems would effect my position. Being that my stem is already slammed, I didn't want to go too aggressive and make riding uncomfortable.

The Ritchey C260 is a 90mm/6 Deg with 43mm stack height because of their 3 bolt pattern. I was really drawn to the Provibe 7 stem becuase of the -10 stem Deg and low stack height, but I just dont care for the silver "V" on the face plate. It weighed a bit more than what I would have hoped for as well. The new Extralite stealth stem would have been Ideal, but only came in a 6deg/12deg. 6 deg wouldn't have changed a whole lot for me except give me a lower stack height and be a hair lighter, but the Deg was most important on my list. The 12 deg would have simply been too aggressive for me.

The winner winner of my chicken dinner ended up being the Deda superleggero 90mm. The 8 Deg isn't a massive change, but enough for me to like the difference. The angle is more on par with the angle of my top tube and still keeps me in a comfortable position both in the hoods and drops. I swapped out the silver bolts it came with, with some black tapered Ti bolts. weighing in at 98g and having a nice and short stack height of 36mm. It checked off on all the boxes. I used acetone on all the logo's, but unfortunately, the "Deda" is etched into the stem and cannot do away with that. Luckily its black on black and it doesn't stand out much at all.

Was left with a 10mm spacer till I could cut the steerer. Really put a perspective on just how tall that stack height is on the Ritchey! Also a comparison of stem with and without all the logos.

Photo after I cut the steerer

I also changed the position of my bars and Hoods which makes it look much better IMO, without changing much of my riding position.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Gorgeous bike! I've liked it in all its guises throughout this build. I had those cages on my SS Evo and found them to be great.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Looks so good mate.

What's the weight down to now with the 4.5s and new stem?
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Very pretty all around. Having no spacer above the stem looks excellent but at the same time makes me a bit queasy. What does Cannondale say about that warranty-wise?