Focus Izalco Max (6.605 kg) - New pics pg.3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Krull

by Krull

oliadams92 wrote:...

Sounds like a really nice set up, Do you have any pictures on the forum?

yes, there is an older topic about my focus, i did not look after it for quite a long time and deleted older pictures.
but i used your question as an opportunity to add a few latest pictures, which you can find under this link:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=127196&p=1127181#p1127181

sorry for the bad picture quality, regards,

oliadams92

by oliadams92

Krull wrote:
oliadams92 wrote:...

Sounds like a really nice set up, Do you have any pictures on the forum?

yes, there is an older topic about my focus, i did not look after it for quite a long time and deleted older pictures.
but i used your question as an opportunity to add a few latest pictures, which you can find under this link:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=127196&p=1127181#p1127181

sorry for the bad picture quality, regards,

Looks good, love the wheels!

I actually had the same frame colour as you when I first bought the bike but the fork had a crack in the steerer tube and focus couldn't get me a yellow replacement so sent me a brand new frame and fork in red!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

yes, the zipp 202 is a very nice wheelset, perfect for the mountain-area (if dry conditions)
a set of zipp-tuubulars would significantly reduce your bike`s weight at one go. ;-)

reedplayer

by reedplayer

looks great, nice and clean!
may i ask:
there is a recall of the acros-headset, which is replaced by a fsa. did you replace your acros, or are you going to keep it?

mimason

by mimason

Under 7.0?

Maybe remove the threaded nuts on the valves and replace with a small rectangle of electrical tape and lighter bar tape for cheap.

UncleJohn

by UncleJohn

Saddle, i guess you can save arround 100g (if not more). Good looking bike ;)

oliadams92

by oliadams92

Reynolds assaults added
Last edited by oliadams92 on Fri May 12, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliadams92

by oliadams92

reedplayer wrote:looks great, nice and clean!
may i ask:
there is a recall of the acros-headset, which is replaced by a fsa. did you replace your acros, or are you going to keep it?

Hello, Thanks for making me aware of this. I did not realise there has been a recall, do you have any information on this? i.e a website link?
I guess it would be a warranty replacement and I would have to take the bike to my local Focus dealer.. I am unsure?

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

Really nice bike!

reedplayer

by reedplayer

oliadams92 wrote:
reedplayer wrote:looks great, nice and clean!
may i ask:

Hello, Thanks for making me aware of this. I did not realise there has been a recall, do you have any information on this? i.e a website link?
I guess it would be a warranty replacement and I would have to take the bike to my local Focus dealer.. I am unsure?

Hello,
regrettably there is no link, replacement is arranged by responsible dealer.
i read about it in german "tour forum":
http://forum.tour-magazin.de/showthread ... Izalco-Max
so you have to contact your dealer to initiate replacement-procedure.
i contacted my dealer on 16.11., he transfered my request to derby-cycles, but no answer until now (ok, 4 days!;-) )

mgoles

by mgoles

I was in the dilemma between Focus Izalco max 5.0 (2015) and Giant Tcr Sl 3 (2014)... Went with giant in the end, because it was 600€ cheaper, and i hated new fsa slk chainset on focus...

Your looks great, never would ditch shimano crankset performance for some of fsa lightnes... Im realy, a fsa chainset hater.. :)

reedplayer

by reedplayer

oliadams92 wrote:Hello, Thanks for making me aware of this. I did not realise there has been a recall, do you have any information on this? i.e a website link?

hi,
i asked dealer for replacement, but i did not get the expected fsa headset, its an acros "the clamp" headset (now i have two! :) ) he sent me, with a gigantic expander plug. he said, expander not necessary if using carbon-paste and appropriate torque.

but i wanted to return to a classic headset, so i got a cap (had to work a bit on it) and a ultralite expander by myself and combined it with the acros-bearings.

sts3.jpg

max.jpg

sts1.jpg

sts2.jpg

oliadams92

by oliadams92

A few upgrades, bike is now 6.74kg with pedals.

kidrob

by kidrob

What a beauty! Gratulations to the bike!

oliadams92

by oliadams92

A small upgrade; the new Carbonice seatpost clamp (6.6g) to replace the heavy 19g focus one. Also cut the base of the seatpost down an Inch.

Giving a new overall weight of:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com