Supersix Evo (finished for now @6.9kg)*Now for sale*

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

The lightweight version of the Cannondale expander plug arrived this morning.
A nice cheap way to save some weight over the one supplied with the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garjo

by garjo

This new Cannondale SI expander plug is really very light but in my opinion is not the best one (I prefer Carbon-Ti or Mcfk): I had several problems to set up it on fork being it almost an all-in-one piece, the expander has not much contact surface with inside steerer tube so after a bike fall, with a strong hit of dropbar on the road, it could be easily slack.
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

It's such an easy expander to set up I really can't see how/why you would have a problem

garjo

by garjo

burglarboycie wrote:It's such an easy expander to set up I really can't see how/why you would have a problem

For my experience I prefer expander plugs with more grip surface and where top cap, bolt and expander plug are 3 different pieces.
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

Canofale

by Canofale

burglarboycie wrote:The lightweight version of the Cannondale expander plug arrived this morning.

Where'd you get it from boycie, I can't find it in stock anywhere? Thanks.
2015 Caad10 Ultegra 7.1kg
2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 6.6kg

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Looking very hot with the spiderring :wink: :thumbup:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I ordered mine from Qwerty Cycles but I just went to their site to post the link for you and it looks like I bought the last one!! Saying out of stock again now. I will check a few other places and if I come across one anywhere I'll let you know.
ultyguy wrote:Looking very hot with the spiderring :wink: :thumbup:

Thanks Rob! It's just what the bike always needed :thumbup:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hi all
I'm torn on what seatpost to go for. Should I get the Fizik Cyrano carbon to match the stem or a Hylix carbon from eBay? The advertised weigh of the Fizik seems pretty good, especially as I would probably end up shortening it anyway but I've heard that their weight claims for this post are well off! The Hylix is a good weight and again would be cut down so would be even better. I had always wanted the full Fizik setup but am now considering moving away from that option. I'm going to be running a full carbon saddle and have heard that the Hylix is relatively compliant so might aid in comfort slightly.

defride

by defride

FYI, I have a Cyrano on my mtb with a fair bit showing still well within the limits and had cracking issues at the post collar. Fizik service was great and they replaced however the replacement has also begun cracking on a different bike torqued conservatively and used for about 50 miles. Don't know if it's a common issue.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks for the info! I've created a thread over in the road section to hopefully get some insight from other users

Mep

by Mep

Canofale wrote:
burglarboycie wrote:The lightweight version of the Cannondale expander plug arrived this morning.

Where'd you get it from boycie, I can't find it in stock anywhere? Thanks.

Have you considered the EE Cycleworks Expander and Top Cap? 10 grams total. Not sure if anyone here has tried it with the Supersix Evo.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Here you go - had this one for my Evo (which I have now sold) to match the stem. Weight includes the rubber collar.

I have just bought a Hylix for my CAAD12 - the logos were not straight but didn't matter as I was taking them off anyway - simple job with acetone.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks for that. I'm going to opt for the Hylix now for sure. Didn't like the feedback/info I was getting about the Fizik, too heavy and riddled with problems for the cost I would say. Did you get the setback version of the Hylix? What's the finish like?

stormur

by stormur

Had this seatpost, and except weight it didn't had any issues under my 90kg butt and being 22cm long above clamp.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

The basic background to getting the fizik was that I had always used a straight through post- in part for weight but also that the geometry just works for me. I found i get soreness in my lower back on long rides with the Caad10 - so thought the set back on the Fizik would soften it slightly. Not sure it made much difference and wasn't keen on having the saddle clamping so far back on the rails.

So ended up with straight through post on the Caad10 - now trying the caad12 on the basis the reviews say it is is slightly more forgiving. Reality is I should probably lift the stem or work on more core strength - much more fun buying bike parts though!!!

Hylix post looks ok - really need to wait to see when I have built it up. That said, the carbon is pretty thin (and the post is a 25.4)- not such a problem on an evo or caad given its more traditional geo - not sure I would be so confident on a compact frame.

Will post up some pics.