Supersix Evo (finished for now @6.9kg)*Now for sale*

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks
I went out to the bike on my break earlier and luckily they weren't really scratches at all!!! Just marks left behind from the post it fell against. So after some gentle cleaning (Mr muscle surface cleaner, who'd have thought it?!) it's looking as good as new :thumbup:
To say I'm relieved is an understatement.

shlammed

by shlammed

such is the life of a commuter bike.

I ride my TCR Advanced0 to work and have no problems with a scratch here or there.

just recently someone mentioned to me "looks like its been ridden hard" not sure if its an insult or a compliment, but being a chipper kind of guy I took it in stride and said thanks. high end bikes, much like high end cars, should be used frequently with the maintenance to keep it up.

Cheers, M

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChrisMGS

by ChrisMGS

What size is the frame please?

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

It's a 56

ChrisMGS

by ChrisMGS

Thanks

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

So I finally got some scales!!! And the bike as it sits in the pics with heavy 105 carbon pedals, cages, barfly mount and Cateye sensors etc is 8kg.
Hoping to get this down to the magic 6.8 mark. Carbon clinchers planned soon along with a few cheap gram saving additions, namely carbon bottle cages, J&L skewers, Kalloy stem with ti bolts, Hylix Carbon seatpost, plastic bar end plugs and the light version of the Cannondale expander plug.
New pics to follow

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Got my Spidering today.
174g for 53/39t. I will weigh the stock FSA rings, bolts and spider once they get removed and see what I've lost/gained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Picked the bike up from having the Spidering fitted this evening. Looks so much better now. (Will post new pic when the weather improves) Stuck the stock FSA rings and spider on the scales before putting them away
237g for 52-36 rings plus spider. So a saving of 63g by switching to a 53-39 Spidering. Not the best £-g saving but it was never really about the weight more about the aesthetics.

The lbs have a frankly insane deal on a Fizik stem that's tempting me! Might send the wife in to pick it up tomorrow as she has the day off. Was thinking of going for a Kalloy Uno but the weights of the two are so close that I think I would rather have the premium option

garjo

by garjo

the 10arms spidering is really a great update for your hollowgram, being nicer and lighter than fsa chainring+spider, recenly I discovered exists a 8arms spidering (for SI crankset) but it has a raw design and should be heavier.
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Got the Fizik stem today. A little over the claimed 128g for 110mm 7degree
The stock Cannondale C2 stem it will replace is claimed to weigh 128g too for a 110mm so I could end up gaining a few grams with this 'upgrade' although it's a similar situation to the Spidering in that it's more for the aesthetics (and it was a bargain!!) so the weight isn't such a concern.
Looking for the matching seatpost now if anyone has one lying around?

Galatzo

by Galatzo

I put black Ti bolts on my Cannondale C2 stem and removed the graphics.
Not weighed it but it feels plenty light.
The Fizik is good lookikg though.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

My 100mm weighs in at 124g which is impressive for standard kit!!
Loving the look of the Fizik on the bike, will get some new pics up tomorrow.
Ordered the lightweight version of the Cannondale headset expander today so that should shed a few grams to make up for the gain from the new stem.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Now I'm happier with the set up I will neaten up the cabling at the front of the bike, it looks a bit like a badly constructed birds nest at the moment!!!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Deserves a better picture. Only saying that because I think its a great looking rig and would like to see it pictured as it deserves. You can sand down the seatpost to raw carbon. This is very easy to do, saves some weight and makes that post look better IMO. If you have a handheld power sander, you can take of the clear in about 3 minutes with a 800 grit paper. When I didn't have the funds to get the post I wanted, I used a stock C2 post and sanded it. If it wasn't for the weight, I probably would have kept it.

Good looking bike

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Thanks. I realised the pic was pretty poor as soon as it uploaded! Looked better on my phone. I will take a better one tomorrow.
I won't bother putting the effort into this seatpost as I will get the Fizik one to match the stem soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com