Pauline, my Colnago Extreme Power, new build w/ Campy EPS v3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

boots2000

by boots2000

50S? What is your saddle height/setback?
Reach to center of bar clamp?
Drop from saddle to bars?
I am trying to decide on a Colnago size- I am going back and forth between 50S and 52S.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

pritchet74 wrote: I'm really loving the ride and will try to get her a bit lighter at some point. The only place to save weight are probably the bars and seatpost.

I really like the hack you've done to the campy shifters!! And for weight : try to get a 9070 gruppo. Your Hed wheels are real boat anchors! You could easely save 200 or 300 gr, even if you want to keep clinchers. Campa Bullet ultra 50 f.ex are "only " 1600 gr. Ok, both are not cheap, but at some point, the current parts will be worn and need replacement.

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

pritchet74 wrote:
soracabana wrote:What is the brand of the wheels?

Hed

LOL :exactly:

Love your EP!

alexwilier

by alexwilier

The Extreme Power is also nice in blue don't you think?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Yes it is, but hijacking a thread isn't ;) Why don't you make a topic about your machine?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

Wait sequential shifting like with the new xtr stuff, or is this an option I never heard about with the original (pre-etube) di2 group?

pritchet74

by pritchet74

boots2000 wrote:50S? What is your saddle height/setback?
Reach to center of bar clamp?
Drop from saddle to bars?
I am trying to decide on a Colnago size- I am going back and forth between 50S and 52S.

72 cm saddle height
7 cm setback
54 cm from tip of saddle to center of bar clamp
7 cm bar drop

I was on a 54 cm Cervelo before this bike.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

pritchet74

by pritchet74

mattyNorm wrote:Wait sequential shifting like with the new xtr stuff, or is this an option I never heard about with the original (pre-etube) di2 group?

It was never a factory option for the 10s Di2 group. 5 years ago a Prototype sequential Di2 "brain" was created by a computer genius (who used to be active here on the WW forum) for Fairwheel Bikes to be shown at Interbike. See the article here: http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/fai ... -hardtail/

He made somewhere between 3-5 of these Prototype units and I was lucky enough to get one to field test. I think that the idea was that he was going to produce some for sale, but it was too costly to deal with the patents that Campagnolo had. I have been using this unit for about 4.5 years and it's been great.
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

pritchet74

by pritchet74

BIG changes coming to this build. Wheels are gone. I pulled all of the Di2 stuff off and put it on my Cervelo SLC-SL. I got a lighter Arione saddle, some Enve aero road bars, a Campagnolo SRM, and Campagnolo EPS v3 for it. Now that Campagnolo has "sequential shifting" I can finally get back to my beloved Campagnolo.

Hopefully within a couple of weeks I will have holes drilled in the frame and everything up and running.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I completely missed this thread first time around... looking forward to the updates. :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

pritchet74

by pritchet74

Parts have started arriving.

v3 parts won't get here for a couple of weeks, so I will be building it up as v1 initially. Once the v3 stuff gets here I will get out the Dremel and the drill.

choiboi

by choiboi

Beautiful bike!!!

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'sequentual shift ' in the context of cycling?
David
[b]'10 CANNONDALE CAAD10

pritchet74

by pritchet74

choiboi wrote:Beautiful bike!!!

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'sequentual shift ' in the context of cycling?

It is never having to shift your front derailleur because the computer shifts it for you when you reach a certain gear. When you are in that specified cog on the cassette and you shift, the front derailleur shifts and simultaniously the rear derailleur shifts in the opposite direction 2 cogs. It's what a lot of people do when they know where they are on the cassette and they know it's time to shift the front derailleur as well. This way you never have to check what gear you are in - you never have to think about the front derailleur at all - just if you want a bigger or smaller gear.

pritchet74

by pritchet74

All parts are in for the EPS v1 build....

I just love the look of these cranks on this frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com