2015 Cervelo R5 Super Record - 6.3kg (13.9lb) Daily Climber

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

dudemanppl wrote:
arizonahalfnhalf wrote:Funny, I was actually just looking at those! I quite like the newer LTD models with the very minimal logos.

The LTD versions are carbon wrapped alloy so they're heavier and not as stiff, I'd go for the 7s. Plus the logos come off with acetone in seconds.

Ohhh good call, wasn't thinking about that. Good to know, thanks man!!

tbrix wrote:I never tire of looking at this bike. One of my all-time favorite Cervelos. A shame to lose that funky stem though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I miss that stem myself, but thought I'd give a 10* drop a try and I felt it was a little too much when in combination with black/white bar tape. I'm sure it'll make its way back on the bike eventually.

mjolnir

by mjolnir

Sharp looking bike. R5 goodness!
NeilPryde Bura SL: 12.7 lbs
Cervelo R5 VWD: 12.9 lbs
Cervelo R3 SL: 14.1 lbs
Parlee Z4: 14.4 lbs
Ritte Bossberg 3.0: 14.6 lbs
Colnago C50: 15.2 lbs
Litespeed L1r: 15.3 lbs
Ridley Noah: 15.8 lbs
Ritte Crossberg: 16.9 lbs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nomarkp

by nomarkp

nice build. beautiful stem & bottle

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Just couldn't get comfy on the classic bend bars... back to my faithful Eastons! Here's a pic while I'm out on my 3 week riding trip in the Oakland, California. Absolutely incredible riding.

By the way, if you haven't tried out these Vittoria Corsa Graphenes yet... get on it, they're damn good!

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Some updates to come! Just hit 7,000 miles on the bike, so along with a re-cabling I installed a few goodies:

-eebrakes!!!
-fizik Cyrano R1 "Snake" Bars
-boyd 44mm clinchers to chris king r45's
-sram red 1190 11-32 cassette

Last edited by arizonahalfnhalf on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

grilledcheese

by grilledcheese

nice upgrades - those are some serious drops
I also love climbing on my r5 :)

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Thank you! Yeah, that picture makes the drops look very deep... and it makes them look like they're rotated upwards a bit, which they are not :noidea:

Detail shots and weights to come

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Why Boyds thoooo. Bora Ones are 1450 shipped from starbike. Still super hotty alert bike tho.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

dudemanppl wrote:Why Boyds thoooo. Bora Ones are 1450 shipped from starbike. Still super hotty alert bike tho.

I know, I still want some boras :| BUT I picked up these Boyd's on eBay for $900 USD laced to some Chris King R45's, which is really what I was after. I love the wheelset, but wouldn't pay retail for them.

Sacke

by Sacke

Was the choice to go back to classic bend bars an aesthetic one, or did you miss the longer horizontal grip area at the bottom of the bars?

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

I missed the deeper/longer drops and the hooks being a bit further out BUT I really like where modern short/shallow bars put the shifters, so these bars are tick both boxes really well (unlike the newton, rotundo, etc) I don't spend much time down in the drops, generally it is just while descending to get nice and low or for a heavy sprint. Very pleased with these bars.

Sacke

by Sacke

arizonahalfnhalf wrote:I missed the deeper/longer drops and the hooks being a bit further out BUT I really like where modern short/shallow bars put the shifters, so these bars are tick both boxes really well (unlike the newton, rotundo, etc) I don't spend much time down in the drops, generally it is just while descending to get nice and low or for a heavy sprint. Very pleased with these bars.

Shifter position sounds very good... I might just order those bars tomorrow. :)

I currently have the stock Cannondale C1 aluminum ergo bars on my '16 SS Evo HM, and while the bars are nice, the one hand position that could be much better, is when being in the drops and reaching for the brakes. Just can't find a comfy position...

Sacke

by Sacke

Are these the handlebars? The snake, not the bull? http://www.fizik.com/eu_en/cyrano-handl ... snake.html

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

arizonahalfnhalf wrote:I know, I still want some boras :| BUT I picked up these Boyd's on eBay for $900 USD laced to some Chris King R45's, which is really what I was after. I love the wheelset, but wouldn't pay retail for them.

900? DAMN SON. I see why you have them now...

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Sacke wrote: Shifter position sounds very good... I might just order those bars tomorrow. :)

I currently have the stock Cannondale C1 aluminum ergo bars on my '16 SS Evo HM, and while the bars are nice, the one hand position that could be much better, is when being in the drops and reaching for the brakes. Just can't find a comfy position...

Bars are just as personal as saddles. Can take a while to find the right bars for you... and sometimes you feel like you need to make a change every now and then.

Sacke wrote:Are these the handlebars? The snake, not the bull? http://www.fizik.com/eu_en/cyrano-handl ... snake.html

My bad! These are the R1 "Snake", you are correct. Sorry about that!

dudemacnppl wrote:900? DAMN SON. I see why you have them now...

My feelings exactly! They're very solid wheels, good braking, and very stiff. Bora 35's are always in the back of my mind though. I hadn't ridden deep wheels in a while, and now I remember why.. I get tossed around in crosswinds substantially more on these things compared to my other 35mm deep set. So I make my own makeshift Enve 3.4's... same width and 44mm deep rear / 35mm deep front (versus enve's 45/35mm for the 3.4's).. these are much, much cheaper, too! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com