Cervelo 2015 Rca 51cm - White – 11.4 lbs (5.2 kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sedluk

by sedluk

Cervelo 2015 Rca 51cm
Carbonsports Lightweight Obermayer Wheels
Conti Gatorskin 22mm tubulars
Ax Lightness Stem UD 100mm
Ax Lightness Daedalus L1 seatpost
Ax Lightness Ax4100 42cm handlebar
Ax Lightness AX3000 brakes - Mattias Hellöre Powercordz bolts - cork pads
THM Clavicula Classic Crank 130mm BCD
Arundle Mandible cages
Powercordz Prime housing / Powercordz brake cables, Campy shifting cables
2015 SR11 levers & drivetrain 11-29 cassette
Antares 00 saddle
THM BBright BB
Ward Spindles with X2 kit
Praxis 53/39
Tune U20 skewers
Veloflyte Carbon Bar Plugs
Extralite UltraStar 2 and Tune Carbon cap

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Nice build -- does Cervelo now offer the white detail on the RCA fork, or did you have it painted?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rosuch

by rosuch

Beautiful build!

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Money doesn't buy taste...

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

dudemanppl wrote:Money doesn't buy taste...

Winner of the worst person award! Post pics of your bike and let us be the judge...

McGilli

by McGilli

Maybe not - but in this case it sure can buy a damn sexy bike...

irongatsby

by irongatsby

BlackMadone wrote:Winner of the worst person award!

lol. btw, incredible bike and pics once again.

sedluk

by sedluk

I sent the fork to Hottubes.

I have posted on WW for years, I know that it can be a tough crowds to please, I enjoy sharing my builds and ideas.

I have another one where I had the fork stripe painted black and like most of my builds it lacks color. I may get around to posting a picture of that one as well.

davec

by davec

Looks very understated and IMO that's great.

How's the ride? At that weight I'd feel that flex would begin to overshadow it's benefits. Correct me if i'm off base!

MiloAS

by MiloAS

davec wrote:Looks very understated and IMO that's great.

How's the ride? At that weight I'd feel that flex would begin to overshadow it's benefits. Correct me if i'm off base!

Those wheels are barely understated...

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Very nice bike but does seem a bit heavy with all those high spec weight weenie parts? It must be me but the older generation LW's never get tiring to the eye...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bencolem

by bencolem

Does in this case, only things I'd change are the tires and the frame size... Beautifully done, chapeau.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Marty,
You build the lightest, most functional WW bikes. How does it ride compared to the R5CA and previous generation RCA??
Thanks for the post.

sedluk

by sedluk

The 2015 Rca feels very similar to both the R5ca and the first generation Rca. The only difference that I can feel is the fork. It might not be very noticeable just going down the road, but when flying down a curvy descent with a less than perfect road surface. That is when I can feel that the fork is a little stiffer side to side and a little more absorbing of the road surface. It just feels like the front wheel has a little better contact with the road in the turns.

Jimaizumi, I pick each component for the best performance, then the lightest. I could easily save some weight on the tires but I like the super durable gatorskin tires. Next would be the saddle, I have tried just about every lightweight carbon saddle and have pretty much given up on finding a super light saddle that is comfortable for me. I stick with the Praxis chainrings, tried carbon chainrings and they are not for me. I stick with the Campy 11-29 cassette, you can save plenty of weight with a light cassette. You can find a bunch of lighter water bottle cages, but not one that holds the bottles as well as the Arundle Mandible.

The one component that I can upgrade is the Crankset to the new THM “SE” when they become available. That will save a little weight and not compromise performance at all. Of course the wheels are a little heavier than the latest Obermayer and the white spokes weigh a little more. I have the latest Obermayer’s on an Rca with a compact and I go with that bike if I am heading out on a fast hilly ride. But I understand what you mean, it is not record breaking light and it has lots of super light parts.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

First of all, great bike. Beautiful build. Far be it from me to rain on your parade, but the only difference between the previous RCA and this one is that the paint job is different and they didn't use the nickel coating on the fork steerer. Thats it. And I got this straight from the horses mouth, the head composite engineer at cervelo. So, respectfully, the difference you feel is in your head. But still a beautiful build. Enjoy!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com