Cervelo 2015 Rca 51cm - White – 11.4 lbs (5.2 kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Selduk how many RCA have you own I can think of at least 3

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sedluk

by sedluk

The fork on the new 2015 Rca is definitely different. The fork on the R5ca was made by THM and had a THM logo on it. The fork of the first version of the Rca looked almost identical, but not identical and I think it was also made by THM. I was told once that my frame was ready but they were waiting on Germany for a fork. The R5ca fork and first gen Rca fork were straight and looked just like the R5 VWD forks. The 2015 Rca fork has a curve to it, it is the only Cervelo fork that has a curve to it. I suspect that it is also made by THM but that is just my guess.

So the fork is different, I think it also feels a little different.

I think the frame is about the same, Cervelo claims that they changed a few things so that the new frames would be a little more durable. I have no reason to doubt that, it makes sense.

7ducati

by 7ducati

So dope.
2017 Cervélo S3
2016 Santa Cruz Stigmata

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Like I said, this is what the lead composite engineer at cervelo told me. In any case, I'm sure it rides like it looks! Enjoy!.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

That's very nice

JSS

by JSS

goodboyr wrote:First of all, great bike. Beautiful build. Far be it from me to rain on your parade, but the only difference between the previous RCA and this one is that the paint job is different and they didn't use the nickel coating on the fork steerer. Thats it. And I got this straight from the horses mouth, the head composite engineer at cervelo. So, respectfully, the difference you feel is in your head. But still a beautiful build. Enjoy!

here are the updates from a 2014 RCA to a 2015 RCA:

Redesigned fork drops 35 g and is curved for refined ride

Refined layup schedule for added durability and performance

New minimal paint adds a touch of subtle color with red accents

670 grams for 54cm frame

rideintospace

by rideintospace

I think the bike looks awesome. It is tough to get any lighter than this without tuning the high end parts yourself. There is a post about a Vial Evo that is about 0.3Kgs lighter and you can see all the tuning that was done to carbon parts to make it that light. I like the white accents and think it stands out from a lot of other bikes. Great build and super light weight!

davec

by davec

MiloAS wrote:
davec wrote:Looks very understated and IMO that's great.

How's the ride? At that weight I'd feel that flex would begin to overshadow it's benefits. Correct me if i'm off base!

Those wheels are barely understated...

That's subjective to who is looking... :smartass:

eric01

by eric01

Really nice build. The same size I would ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice.

LeviR

by LeviR

Very nice build Seduk as always. I am running LW clincher on my R5 and they surely adds a very comfortable lively ride.

RyanH

by RyanH

Marty, beautiful build. I missed this one. Thanks again for your input on the R5ca, you're a tremendous resource for all things Cervelo and boutique parts.

Care to share how you keep the bike upright for the photos?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

EmmetD

by EmmetD

This thing is amazing, trade you my missus and duct tape?

denney0408

by denney0408

First off. That looks AMAZING. I just purchased my RCA and am now in the build choice phase. I have decided on SRAM etap which is adding weight but definitely love the lack of wires. I'm also planning on using clinchers as I plan to ride multi day tours and need the ease of change. My question is on the ax lightness parts. I am looking for a "comfort" build and didn't know how these parts were in that department. Thank you for your thoughts. I also have a set of mavic 125 anniversary wheels and haven't decided if the yellow hubs clash.

Huru

by Huru

Nice machine. Good!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com