my latest muse. Colnago Master LX21 (Mapei).

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tids0009

by tids0009

The Master Mapie is a true work of art, absolutely love that paint job. Can't wait to see your final build.

I used a Deda Newton 31 stem on my master below but felt that it never really matched and looked a little too bulky so i went for the Deda Superleggero stem paired with Deda Newton shallow bend bars and couldn't be happier.

At the end of the day you build a bike they way you like it and will enjoy it the most. Some people will hate how i have built mine but i love it and it rides so so smoothly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tids0009

by tids0009

djg714 wrote:
davec wrote:
djg714 wrote:
davec wrote:Wow this is a thing of beauty... Should be campy, but the frame makes up for it. Fired up to see the finished product

Why Campy?
The Mapei Colnagos were Shimano Dura Ace.

Why campy?

1. it's the best, and anything that has been touched by Ernesto deserves it.-Your opinions, no facts to back it up.
2. it does not appear to be a period team bike that you are building to spec-So he can build it with whatever parts he wants.
3. Colnagos just look and feel better with a full italian build
-Feel better?Many Campagnolo parts are made in Romania. Live and learn.[/color]

You really have no idea how the Italian manufacturing works. Those frames were not made by Ernesto or by his comb over.
Those frames were contracted out to other vendors. Keep dreaming about old Italians making and touching the parts, giving them "soul". What a joke.

All the Campagnolo Record and Super Record groupsets that i have bought say 'made in italia' on all boxes except for the Record cranks that said 'made in romania'. I also just bought a set of Bora wheels and they too said 'made in italy' on the box.

a.davis12

by a.davis12

scummy photo, but you get the point. still thinking about seatposts, but the DA one is nice.
not going to buy into the campy vs shimano nondebate because i don't care.
it rides awesome.

a.davis12

by a.davis12

tids0009 wrote:At the end of the day you build a bike they way you like it and will enjoy it the most. Some people will hate how i have built mine but i love it and it rides so so smoothly.

^well said:
here another of mine running shimano for shits and giggles.

davec

by davec

Beautiful!! Enjoy it and put some miles on! [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Beautiful. Love the modern dura ace with it. Can't wait to see it finished up!