BMC TMR02 "Training Bike" Project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prebsy

by prebsy

If it passes the test in the off season I will transition it to my race bike come spring. My foil has a few good months of racing and abuse left in.

prebsy

by prebsy

Aluminum bottle cage bolts from Toronto Cycles saved 6g from 11g to 5g

Ti M8x40mm bolt (- 6g) + removing most of the foam (-7g) from the inside of the seatpost saved 13g from 200g to 187g. There is still more foam in the seatpost but i have no idea how I will dig it out, i really dont want to put a file or anything sharp blindly into the the seatpost.

I've revisited the build sheet and changed some of the part choices to save some $$$. I went with the xpedo NXS rather than the Thrust SL pedals which should still save me 40g and hopefully a net cost of $0 after selling my ultegra 6800s. I know that grease and foam liners for the housing will put me over 6.8kg. I have tried to be conservative to weight estimates as to not set myself up for failure. Right now without a lighter front brake I'm not sure I can hit the mark.
Last edited by prebsy on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

prebsy wrote:M8x40mm bolt (- 6g) + removing most of the foam (-7g) from the inside of the seatpost saved 13g from 200g to 187g. There is still more foam in the seatpost but i have no idea how I will dig it out, i really dont want to put a file or anything sharp blindly into the the seatpost.

My TMR01 seat post is ..... Seat Post (uncut)....143 grams (with no clamp) and still has all of the foam in it.

I wonder if they are the same ? What is the foam for ?

You should be able to use a long standard screw driver or even a paint mixing stick to get more foam out.

Did you cut the seat post down yet ?
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

prebsy

by prebsy

Based on the shape the foam is to mount the internal Di2 battery. I really could cut it down as well. I was shocked at how little seat post was exposed, I'm 6' on a 54 CM frame.

prebsy

by prebsy

A disappointingly heavy package arrived from France today. This weight is after taking the plastic cover off the big ring. Le sigh, really just want a red22 quarq with some bor rings :roll:

prebsy

by prebsy

Parts from Fairwheel, Amain and ebay today. I also chopped the tube off the BB in case I need to work on cables/housing without taking the BB out. I'm currently waiting on alligator ilinks from Taiwan, dash strike saddle, new handbuilts from bikehubstore, tires tubes pedals and bar tape from bike24. Also I'm thinking of just throwing an old red or force crank on as I think I will appreciate some power meter less time this off season.

The fabled 38 CM traditional bend bar

Zipp SLC2 TB- 192g

Fairwheel Bikes V2 cages (4g over claimed for each cage)- 52g total

A very lightly used 11-25 Sram Red22 cassette (I guess 151 claimed is without the lockring :lol: ) - 158g

Chopped 11g off the bottom bracket (housing might rub the crank spindle...I'll cross that bridge when I get there)

Edit: went to route the sram cables and housing I had just to get a feel for it before getting the ilinks. Jesus I've never met a frame so unfriendly for mechanical systems. I'm holding out hope for the ilinks but this bike is d*mn near unworkable

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Saw this for sale, whats up with that?

Boston

by Boston

Any updates? Recently got a TMR01 and am very interested in cutting the weight down

prebsy

by prebsy

@Boston & @dudemanppl , my update is don't buy this bike if you plan on swapping mechanical groupsets on it. What a freaking nightmare, I ended up trading to a friend for an altamira frame + $. It is a bit of a hog but i would see if you can run some lighter housing (since it is full length). Along with that go with the ti seatpost bolt, remove foam and definitely get your hands on an evo si exapander.

Edu24h

by Edu24h

Training must be a pleasure...