Toni Caad 10 anodized black.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

a20dth

by a20dth

Hello, this one is my Caad 10 black 7.300kg. I think the Caad is the best frame in his class (Aluminium).

Configuration:
- Frame: Caad 10 2014 anodized black size 50.
- Groupset: Ultegra 6800
- Crankset: Cannnodale SI
- Stem: Cannondale C3 100m
- Handlebar: Cannondale C3 41cm
- Seatpost: Cannondale C2 carbon offset 15mm.
- Saddle: Carbon chinese.
- Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium SLE.

The next week I´m going to replace stem, handlebar and expander top cap:

- Handlebar: Canonndale C1 40cm
- Stem: Ritchey WCS C260 100mm
- Expander top cap: Canonndale KP017L
- Chain: KMC X11SL gold

In the future, I would like to upgrade chairings Spiderring 52/36, ceramic bearings BB30, ceramic jockeys and upgrade grouptset to Dura Ace 9000 mechanical or Campagnolo Chorus 2015. (I have a friend interested in my Shimano Ultegra)

But I have a problem. I want to choose a good wheels to train and to race. Now I'm thinking to upgrade with ceramic bearings my Mavic Ksyrium SLE or order Shamal Ultra with CULT bearings. What do you think about it? Upgrade or order new wheelset?

Multebear

by Multebear

I think neither.

Shamal Ultra for racing? Why? For racing you need a carbon wheelset. Something between 38 and 50 mm deep section and 25 mm or more width.

Keep your ksyrium for training, and use your new carbon rims for racing.

Forget all about upgrading to ceramic bearings. It will only save you 1 watt per wheel, and that is best case scenario.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

You certainly don't NEED a carbon wheel set to race and race well. I do agree with Multebear though, put your money towards carbon not ceramics.

If you like your Ultegra I'd check out 9000, you will be very happy. If you want a change chorus and record parts are really cheap on Ribble and nothing looks cooler than a CAAD with campy!