Canyon Ultimate CF SLX - Super Record/Bora 35

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Timujin

by Timujin

thp wrote:Great looking build and some awesome bokeh in the photos.

Thanks mate ... whats "bokeh"??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Bokeh is the unfocused part of the picture you get when taking pics with a narrow depth of field. Nothing to do with your bike.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Timujin

by Timujin

Calnago wrote:Bokeh is the unfocused part of the picture you get when taking pics with a narrow depth of field. Nothing to do with your bike.

haha cool.. i didnt take the pics, i know nada about photography..

PSM

by PSM

Ha ha!

alexhem

by alexhem

Hi Timujin!

I really like your build. One of the few I've seen with a Rotor crank and Campy group.

One question: I need to replace my bottom bracket bearings and was wondering how the CeramicSpeed 4130 are performing (running a Rotor 3D+ with power2max). I've got the Rotor bearings now, but they seem to fail pretty quickly.

Alex

Timujin

by Timujin

alexhem wrote:Hi Timujin!

I really like your build. One of the few I've seen with a Rotor crank and Campy group.

One question: I need to replace my bottom bracket bearings and was wondering how the CeramicSpeed 4130 are performing (running a Rotor 3D+ with power2max). I've got the Rotor bearings now, but they seem to fail pretty quickly.

Alex

Apologies for the late reply, i didnt get a notification. Thanks for liking my build.

Yes, the Ceramic Speed works a treat. Really. The Rotor one was, for me, not fluid at all... my rotor crank will freespin like a DA crank but im putting this down to the fact i got a power meter crank...i get around 7-8 revolutions when the chain is off as opposed to 1 on the rotor BB!!!

On the road I just spin. Just feels good. maybe its the fact I am riding a 300Eur BB but I can tell the difference....

I found the rotor bearings come packed with grease, really packed.

alexhem

by alexhem

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

I just ordered a set of the CeramicSpeed bearings so we'll see how they fare compared to the Rotor ones.

Alex

reknop

by reknop

I hope there will be more and better Carbon UD topcaps for the 1 1/4" carbon stems ...
I'm riding the Dura Ace version is this Ultimate CF SLX and thinking about getting the Ritchey Superlogic components as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

Timujin

by Timujin

Yeh, been thinking about getting a custom one but not had the time to place an order.... I'm toying with the idea to get the ritchey seat post too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shonn

by Shonn

Great build! I'm using yours as a reference! Any updates??

Timujin

by Timujin

Shonn wrote:Great build! I'm using yours as a reference! Any updates??

Hey mate, thanks, flattered....

Updates not really, slammed the stem, chained the chain rings for Q ring but the non aero version. Was contemplating getting the ritchey seat post but concentrating on my TimeTrial.

Good luck with your build, if I could suggest anything... if you get a Rotor crank get the ceramic speed bottom bracket, worth the investment..... initially I had the Rotor BB and it was mushy (best i can describe)

Shonn

by Shonn

Timujin wrote:
Shonn wrote:Great build! I'm using yours as a reference! Any updates??

Hey mate, thanks, flattered....

Updates not really, slammed the stem, chained the chain rings for Q ring but the non aero version. Was contemplating getting the ritchey seat post but concentrating on my TimeTrial.

Good luck with your build, if I could suggest anything... if you get a Rotor crank get the ceramic speed bottom bracket, worth the investment..... initially I had the Rotor BB and it was mushy (best i can describe)

I got the Ritchey Superlogic seatpost, Evo Curve, Superlogic C260 and because of you, I ordered the Bora ultra 50 too, apart from the millions of praises the Ultra50 gets from WW.

TI bolts coming for the C260 stem and thinking to swap out my Specialized Power Saddle for the S-Works one but have to change the seatpost rails for that.

Any picture updates? Haha

Timujin

by Timujin

lol the boras are lovely wheels.. i dont regret getting the 35s at all... the 50s would have been just as nice..

Ti bolts, flash haha.. not yet, i will have rethink once i get some time. i tried the power saddle, very nice saddle.

ill take pics and post, need to clean it first.. it gets abused mate, its my go to bike, so i sacrificed some weight.

you got tubs or clinchers? not that it makes a different? is your cf slx 2016/2017 version??

Shonn

by Shonn

Timujin wrote:lol the boras are lovely wheels.. i dont regret getting the 35s at all... the 50s would have been just as nice..

Ti bolts, flash haha.. not yet, i will have rethink once i get some time. i tried the power saddle, very nice saddle.

ill take pics and post, need to clean it first.. it gets abused mate, its my go to bike, so i sacrificed some weight.

you got tubs or clinchers? not that it makes a different? is your cf slx 2016/2017 version??

Clinchers, got it at a very good price. I was looking at the Bora One 50s at 2.3k AUD on another website and then I found the Ultra 50s on Probikekit for 2.5k because of an offer and I searched the interwebs and got a 5% discount code. Ended up paying 2.2k AUD (don't ask me why 5% is 2.2k, it just showed 2.2k on the receipt haha) for Bora Ultra 50s Clinchers. Really good steal.

I ride a CF Ultimate 7.0 only. I started out low and slowly upgraded haha. Running the stock 105s but hope to upgrade to SR EPS in the future.

Timujin

by Timujin

Cool. Yeh, something to look forward to, upgrading is the fun part!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com