Schmolke Namur

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

da123

by da123

Hopefully slightly out of the ordinary, my Schmolke Namur. Weight is around 6.2kg with the pictured carbon clinchers (1450g the pair). This has basically risen from the ashes of my Storck Fascenario 0.7, which sadly bit the dust with a broken rear dropout that I tried and failed to fix. The fork is the Stiletto UMS from the Stock. Frame comes in at 925g (actual) in a size 52. The Storck by way of comparison (51) was 906g. The fork is 270g (actual).

Frame : Schmolke Namur
Fork : Stiletto Light UMS
Groupset : SRAM Red, compact
Seatpost : Schmolke TLO
Saddle : Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Flow
Stem : 3T
Bars : Zipp SLCv2
Wheelset : Anodised Red Tune Mig / Mag hubs with DCR Wheels 38mm Carbon Clinchers. CX-Rays
Tyres : Veloflex Master 23

SchmolkeNamur2.jpg

Cheers

xena
Banned

by xena

:thumbup: great build ....very classy
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I didn't even know Schmole made frames. Seems heavy for their level of carbon expertise

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Nice. Unique it is. Please tell us more about how it rides...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

micky

by micky

Nice one but the frame is a...Storck?

da123

by da123

Thanks for the comments.

It isn't Schmolke's newest frame, that is the Grenoble, which I understand is 100g or so lighter. Having said that, I don't think an actual weight of 925g is too bad, particularly for the cost (around £830).

Yes, it is very similar to the Storck. This is part of the reason I was attracted to it, because it meant I could use the Stiletto fork off my defunct Fascenario (RIP). The 1k carbon finish is the same. The lacquer is just very slightly darker (or maybe the Fascenario had just faded a bit).

It looks like it has come out of the same mold as the Fascenario (tube diameters, bb, headtube, brake bridge all look the same), however the geometry is quite different. This 52 has a 527mm effective top tube, and a 130 head tube. The 51 Fascenario has a 549 top tube and a 115 headtube.

Ride wise, I've been really pleasantly surprised. Don't forget, this is a quarter of the cost of a Fascenario 0.7. The weight is within 30 grams (presumably a lower grade of carbon), and overall the ride is very similar. It is a bit less aggressive (no doubt the geometry), but similarly stiff and the handling is very good (certainly better than my Canyon SLX, it is very planted). Ride quality is also very good, no doubt helped by the Schmolke seatpost and the Veloflex Masters.

Krull

by Krull

nice! very clean. simple, classy frame design still looks best!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com