kevosinn's Cryptic Addict 4.64 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

started on my own bottle cage yesterday. Hoping to keep it around 8 grams when its complete but maybe lighter. Will post some pics later.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Last edited by kevosinn on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Voting is open for the contest! If you like all the work I've put in on this give me a vote!!

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Getting the new shop area dialed in here. It's going to bring what I can do to another level. I'm going to have full capability to do all kinds of carbon work including repairs, frame builds, bar/stem combos etc. In the next room I'll have a 3d printer, decal plotter, photo area and a paint area as well. I'm starting work on a new frame design soon for this project. The goal will be sub 700 grams but really shooting for around 680. Here are some shots of the shop area and also combining my AX bar and stem.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Now that is a nice mancave... ! :beerchug:

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Here is a before pic of the Zeus stem and schmolke bar. Combining them only saved 4 grams but it is a much cleaner look and it's at least twice as stiff.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Got a package from my friends over at YBN Chains! I Will be running these on all my bikes now!

xena
Banned

by xena

kevosinn wrote:Got a package from my friends over at YBN Chains! I Will be running these on all my bikes now!

I was tempted to go for one of these. I use the normal YBN sl , with the links off, its pretty close in weight to the ti.
I use recon alloy cassette's they last 6- 8 months so I would have to change the chain and its not really worth the extra money for the ti chain.
Are you going to run a super light ti cassette as well? That would be the way to go to see if you get some long term benefit for the extra expense and better shifting.

cheers Ray J
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I want to do an aluminum cassette but I can't seem to find one in the US. Everything is from Germany. Going to keep looking for one.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Made some test tubes for the frame last night. test came out REALLY good..i'm really going to push the envelope on weight with this frame. Usually I would use a premade tube from a supplier but i'm going to make everything myself this time.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Looking at around 450 grams for the raw frame parts

jvanv8

by jvanv8

kevosinn wrote:I want to do an aluminum cassette but I can't seem to find one in the US. Everything is from Germany. Going to keep looking for one.

Don't get an aluminum cassette. They are terrible if you are subjecting them to >300 watts.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

jvanv8

by jvanv8

dp.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I've used a few recons on bikes before....shifting is for sure now the best. I found a TI cassette thanks to xena that I'm going to try out. It's only 112 grams so that's a nice 50 gram savings so I will be going that way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

If you can get by with an 11-23, the SRAM XG-1090 is king at 135g and no compromises.