kevosinn's Cryptic Addict 4.64 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Ellingferd

by Ellingferd

@kevosinn I practiced on a bmc fork that was toast from getting hit by a car a few years ago and definitely figured out what you were describing. There is just so much back and forth on this topic with one side seeming pretty cavalier about the whole thing and the other claiming that even thinking about stripping paint from a carbon frame inherently damages its structural integrity. Thanks for the tip!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I have zero worry about my frame or fork. IMO this route is the best. Wet sanding always seemed to take a lot of carbon off once I reached that point. Btw I wet sanded the whole frame with 1500 after I razor bladed it. The only thing I worry about is the UV protection so I wipe on aerospace protectant once a month.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

200 miles on the bike and its great so far. Other than re tightening cables etc. no problems at all.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

Ellingferd

by Ellingferd

What did you use to paint the bb/seat tube/head tube btw? Going to do the same thing...

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

It's just generic paint from the hardware store. Taped it off and sprayed it.

Ellingferd

by Ellingferd

How's it holding up? Any primer?

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

It's holding up perfect. I wanted a matte finish so I went with a black primer. It's matte and no need for a primer and base coat. Saves weight :)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Are the Extralite rings the MC2 52/36? Or the 50/34? How do they perform? I'm looking at getting the 52/36 to go with my Lightning cranks and KMC X11SL DLC and would love to know how yours perform

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Another 50 on it today.

Edit: Derek they are 50/34. Performance is ok for an aluminum chainring that is this light but don't expect dura ace shifting out of them. If you shift proper and not under load they work great.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Wanted some deeper wheels to have as an option. Lightweights are the eventual goal but I have always wanted to try the mavic carbon ultimate so I just picked some up. Will have on the bike pics later

xena
Banned

by xena

How you getting on with the skyline cage...all good?
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

dino0204

by dino0204

Great painting. I'm searching good quality frameset for custom paint. Your project is an inspiration.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

The cage is working ok. But I'm going to make a few more modifications to make it work better.

Thanks Dino!! I appreciate it!

Weight is 4.9 kg with the mavic's

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

First ride on the mavic's. I'm impressed with them. I have never been a fan of mavic but I think this may be the one wheel set I will like from them. They rode really smooth but we're extremly laterally stiff. My only complaints would be why the hell would you put a steel free hub body on a $3600 wheel set like this. I'm not a fan of aluminum either as I think it's just a cheap way to make it lighter. I've always loved Shimano wheels for the use of TI free hub body's. I would love to see a TI body on these.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danbjpa

by danbjpa

well done! good with CCU and non gum sidewalls.
Corima red cork pads and red Vittoria valve extensions would be good to continues the reddish minimalist details.

kevosinn wrote:Another 50 on it today.

(Pics)

i think i saw this same 'endless' road with an wilier in the past

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk