kevosinn's Cryptic Addict 4.64 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

I would definitely finish the bartape. It's a great looking bike that deserves a proper look.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

This bike is built to be absolutely as light as possible. I wear padded gloves and honestly don't ride in the drops much. On a minimalist bike like this I actually prefer this look but I totally understand you prefer a full wrapped look.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bencolem

by bencolem

kevosinn wrote:Here is another sneak peak :) Something very special to come!

Cranks?

DavidG

by DavidG

Love the background scenery... Are you trying to imply that you found the bike in a dumpster? Nice! :wink:

Your bike is an inspiration. When I finish with mine I may have to etch a little (c) Kevin underneath the BB (and also Ray J, as he's been a great help too).

Is your big chainring a Fibre-Lyte? If so, is it their Lightweight or Lightweight 2 model? And which seatpost clamp are you using?

David

liketoride

by liketoride

what kind of hoods are those? If they are a mod what is the weight? Thank you

Arfer01

by Arfer01

liketoride wrote:what kind of hoods are those? If they are a mod what is the weight? Thank you

The OP has warpped the bartape from the tops into the hoods. See picture on last page previouse page.

Clannagh

by Clannagh

Wow love this build, detail in the extreme :beerchug:

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Thank you guys! The shifters are wrapped with the bar tape on the lower section and then I used an adhesive foam material on the top part.

The seat collar is from new ultimate and both chainrings are extralite. Haven't been able to find the fibre lyte one I want.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Why don't you use heat shrink tube for the handle bar. Looks better than a half bar tape and is pretty light . :smartass:

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Have A YBN Titanium chain coming and started stripping the paint off the Addict SL fork I got. Should save around 50 grams im hoping total. This will get me into the 4.5 kg range :) my goal by the end of the year is under 4.5 kg.

SebK

by SebK

How do you find the Aerolites ?!!! I have the same as you but my knees hurt . I'm hoping it will improve overtime .

Arfer01

by Arfer01

kevosinn wrote:Thank you guys! The shifters are wrapped with the bar tape on the lower section and then I used an adhesive foam material on the top part.

The seat collar is from new ultimate and both chainrings are extralite. Haven't been able to find the fibre lyte one I want.

If you message Steve at Fibre Lyte he will make you any chainring you want. Good guy, deal with him alot.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I love the aerolites. They have turned out to be way better than I thought they would be. I have no pain at all but also having no float if the cleat isn't perfect I can see how it may cause pain for you. Try playing with clear position.

And thanks I will reach out to fibre lyte and see if they have the ones I want. I may have to save those for the new project though ;) something much lighter than this!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Lighter than this???? GASP!!!!

The fiberlyte chainrings would be a nice addition though I don't know how long they would last...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I'm in talks with Nick crumpton about building something pretty special. Really want to push the weight limit of what's out there frame wise right now. Should be pretty amazing especially now that he's building tubing in house.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com